Remove patients with zero payments from daily report

For users or potential users.
Tom Zaccaria

Remove patients with zero payments from daily report

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:09 am

We are having an issue with patients that are coming in for treatment, managed care, and pay nothing but still showing up on the daily payments report (Reports, Standard, Make the from and to the same date, Payments) with $0.00 payment.

I thought I was able to switch this off previously but can't seem to find the proper check box. Basically, how can we only show patients that actually paid something on that daily report?

Thanks,
drtmz

dgraffeo

Re: Remove patients with zero payments from daily report

Post by dgraffeo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:21 am

Hey there! The only way a payment of $0 will show up on the report is if a payment for $0 was made for that patient on that day. If you go into the patient's Account, do you see a payment for $0? If there is one, was it put there on purpose or was it an accident? I am unaware of any way to automatically make a payment when completing a patient appointment, so it's very likely it was done by one of your employees either on purpose or on accident. That being said, your point about not showing $0 payments on the report is a good one, and something we can discuss as a feature request! (And wouldn't even be that difficult to implement)
"To understand what recursion is, you must first understand recursion."

David Graffeo
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Tom Zaccaria

Re: Remove patients with zero payments from daily report

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:48 am

I will look into the employee issue. Thank you.

drtmz