Treatment Plan - Odd Behavior

For users or potential users.
jclaydds

Treatment Plan - Odd Behavior

Post by jclaydds » Wed May 02, 2018 5:21 am

I have noticed an odd behavior in the treatment plan module for a long time (maybe a couple of years or more) but I figured a "work around" so I never took the time to post on the forum to see if the behavior could be a "bug" or intended behavior.
After I post several things to the treatment plan and go to "Save TP.......most of the time..... it only saves a small portion of the treatment plan (maybe the last procedure or two I entered). If I want the entire treatment plan to be saved, I find that I have to leave the treatment plan module by clicking on any other module (chart, appointment, account, etc). I then click on treatment plan module again and once I do that, I can hit "Save TP" and it will save the entire treatment plan. Bug or intended behavior? Thanks!

allends

Re: Treatment Plan - Odd Behavior

Post by allends » Wed May 02, 2018 7:49 am

What version are you on?
Also you can't enter procedures from the Treatment Plan module. What exactly is your way of making this happen?
I would call support if you have seen that problem occur because it could be a bug.
Allen
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Wed May 02, 2018 9:59 am

Is it possible that you have highlighted some procedures when you click on Save Tx Plan?
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

jclaydds

Post by jclaydds » Wed May 02, 2018 10:28 am

Sorry....I'm on Version 17.3.54

I usually enter procedures into tx plan from chart module. I then usually go to Tx Plan Module and group them by priority so the procedures in 1 quadrant might be priority 1, procedures in another quadrant might be priority 2, etc. To answer Jorgebon's question, yes....it might be possible that certain procedures are highlighted from where I am prioritizing them when I attempt to save the treatment plan. I'll try to figure that out going forward. I use the different priorities to assist me in making a series of planned appointments in the patient's chart. Thanks.

jclaydds

Post by jclaydds » Wed May 02, 2018 11:53 am

I believe Jorgebon has it figured out. I just figured out that there were certain procedures on the treatment plan that were highlighted and those are the procedures that are getting "saved" when hitting "Save TP". My next question is how do I "un-highlight" the procedures if I want to save the entire treatment plan? Clicking the procedure again does not seem to remove the highlighting. My fix was leave the treatment plan module and then come back. Any ideas? Maybe I am missing something here......probably a simple solution that I am not thinking about.

allends

Post by allends » Wed May 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Hold Ctrl and click on rows to un-highlight them.
Allen
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

jclaydds

Post by jclaydds » Wed May 02, 2018 2:06 pm

That works. Thanks for your help.