Electronic Eligibility. How practical?

For users or potential users.
ForrestGumpDDS

Electronic Eligibility. How practical?

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:22 am

Researching a new e-claims vendor and wondering about this feature.
Some vendors offer e-eligibility.
Currently, I have a staff member whose chief responsibility is to verify the insurance coverage and get breakdowns.
I do not use e-eligibility currently.
If I order this feature, what are my chances that I still need a human to do 5-10% of eligibility verification?

rhaber123

Re: Electronic Eligibility. How practical?

Post by rhaber123 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:24 am

We use it for over a year now with Claim Connect $19/month. Not the best. Good to confirm that your patient is still covered, still eligible.
Check the link below , this has been discussed multiple times. Hope it help.

1- This service covers many dental insurance companies, the main ones, but not all.
When we get the benefits , we do not import it into the patients benefits area, we just keep it in the History.
Some times it is too much info, and sometimes not much at all.

2- It covers the subscriber but not the spouse or dependents. You still have to make a call or go to the insurance website.

3- If a new patient walk in our office, this is the fastest way to confirm that they have dental insurance, what the deductible is, and they can get an exam, XRAYS, and a cleaning. Once you enter the patient and the insurance info in OD, just hit REQUEST , and you will get the info right away.
So in few minutes you can confirm that YES the patient has coverage, or NO the patient does not have coverage, without calling the insurance compay

4-But for detailed benefits, connecting to the insurance website , or making a call to the insurance company is still necessary.

5- Once the detailed insurance information is entered in Open Dental, it makes it easier to confirm that your patient still has insurance at a later date, by just clicking one button

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6610
Last edited by rhaber123 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

boboffice

Re: Electronic Eligibility. How practical?

Post by boboffice » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:09 pm

We gave up. Had to call the insurance companies too often. Now we have a part-timer who does this for us. Way better.
Robert Marcus DMD
Univ. of CT '93
Poway, CA