REMINDERS OF SOME FORMS

For users or potential users.
drjorgel1

REMINDERS OF SOME FORMS

Post by drjorgel1 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:28 am

DO OD HAS A WAY TO GET NOTIFICATION OF FORMS LIKE MED HX , HIPPA, TX PLANS , WHEN WE OPEN A PT RECORD ? SOME TIME I DO FORGET REVIEW MED HX OR MY ASSISTANT FORGET TO GET THE SIGNS FOR TX PLANS.

cmcgehee

Re: REMINDERS OF SOME FORMS

Post by cmcgehee » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:44 am

Yes, you can create a popup if you only want it on certain patients, or you can create an automation trigger to show the reminder on all patients or patients that need a certain sheet.
http://opendental.com/manual/popups.html
http://opendental.com/manual/automation.html
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

drjorgel1

Post by drjorgel1 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:31 pm

THANK YOU. BUT WHAT I WANTS IS THAT ALL THE SHEETS THAT I HAVE IN OD I CAN SET A TIME PERIOD SO IT CAN TRIGGER A WARNING FOR EXAMPLE THAT A PT HAS HIS MEDICAL HISTORY OVER A YEAR THAT NEED TO BE RENEW. SOMETIME YOU HAVE PT WITH LONG PROGRESS NOTE THAT FOR THE SECRETARY IS DIFFICULT TO SE IF THE MED. HX IS MORE THAN A YEAR OLD. I LIKE TO RETAKE MED HX EVERY YEAR OR SO AS OTHER SHEETS FORMS. HOPE I CAN EXPLAIN MYSELF BETTER.

ForrestGumpDDS

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:46 am

Yes, I've been thinking about this in exactly same way (well... maybe without capitalizing every single letter of my thoughts :twisted: ).
Dentists are required to update medical hx almost every time the patient comes, definitely every 6 months. So, from my understanding, what OP is asking and what I wanted to see as well would be some sort of an intrusion from OD in the appointment work flow.
I do not believe the pop-up even is going to cut it. Pop-ups appear in non-discriminatory way, every single time the appointment window is opened. If the use of the pop-ups over-utilized, it desensitizes the operator and you start seeing opposite to what those pop-ups are designed to achieve. Many times my stuff just dismisses them w/o reading them when they try to complete the tasks that requires precision and concentration. For example, the patient calls and their priority #1 is to put the pt in the book then deal with the rest immediately after, while still on the phone, or later, by making another call or emailing the pt. They just dismiss anything not related to the task of "scheduling the patient right now".
It'd be nice to have something that prompts them (my FD, DA, OM) that there are forms need to be updated at the time of the appointment. Just the ideas - an area on the appointment that has a different color, or letter (same idea as appointment status bubble). Or maybe even clickable areas on the appointment square that represent each of the mandatory forms (what forms and their expiration period would need to be setup initially). When the form expires, that clickable area changes the color. You click on it and it shows in the Kiosk. It's just merely an idea.

stjames70

Post by stjames70 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:15 pm

Get YAPI integration with your OD.

It will cost some, but it goes a long way in making you totally paperless. All the forms you can imagine can be filled in an iPad with medical history and other data updated to OD every time the patient comes in. Also, it takes care of sending recall and confirmation notices by SMS and email. This is the first program I have used which has been able from day one to scour the OD SQL database and automatically identify any and all patients who have missed their recall appointments for more than 6 months and immediately send these patients SMS and email reminders to return to the office for their recall.

In the same platform, it also offers YAPI instant review which asks your patients to review your office and have that review posted:

1. 4-5 star reviews get posted to Google or Yelp
2. 1-3 star reviews get posted to your dashboard

It is an excellent way for you as a provider to make improvements and get great reviews online.

Also it provides a window to simplify who has checked in, how long they have been waiting, and exactly in which operators they are seated in. You can also have two way communication between you and your staff.

All in all, the best value added product we have paid for.

No, I don't work for YAPI and if you want to find them just google them or look in Open Dental's website for a link.

ForrestGumpDDS

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:00 pm

We are currently enrolled with DemandForce. Even a mere thought of starting to change things gives me a throbbing pain in my behind.
I still remember the patients calling and complaining about receiving several unwanted text messages on the days DemandForce introduced changes into their system, or the patients not receiving the text confirmations and blaming my stuff for it.
I am not big fan of DF for several reasons and would like to try something else, I do have ideas what I want to have, so maybe I will have to overcome my fears and just get this done.

drtech

Post by drtech » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:28 pm

anyone have experience with WEAVE systems? They have some of what YAPI is offering in pt reviews and dashboard, etc, with full phone system...just saw them at the Midwest Dental Conference but they seemed pretty expensive...
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

hrdsq

Post by hrdsq » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:56 am

drtech wrote:anyone have experience with WEAVE systems? They have some of what YAPI is offering in pt reviews and dashboard, etc, with full phone system...just saw them at the Midwest Dental Conference but they seemed pretty expensive...
Do check out Demo of patientXpress to compare with Weave on both price and features

http://hrdsq.com/patientxpress
http://www.hrdsq.com
Swiss Army Knife for Open Dental