Dropdown Program Link?

For users or potential users.
irfan

Dropdown Program Link?

Post by irfan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:28 am

I have a program link that launches a chrome browser and points to some online documentation i created.

is there a way to make a dropdown program link so i can have shortcuts to various documents a little easier to access?

example now: click program link, chrome launches to a table of contents page. from there, click the document I want.

prefer: click dropdown link, choose document, chrome launches directly to that link. this would have a dropdown option like the "labels" "texts" "letters" buttons.

Thanks

wjstarck

Re: Dropdown Program Link?

Post by wjstarck » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:28 am

Not currently.

That'd be a feature request
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Why not use the program link to make a form that then does your drop down link? Should be pretty easy using the plugin framework. Button on the toolbar.

Let me know if you need a hand with that, would be happy to help.

irfan

Post by irfan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:26 pm

yea... you lost me there:) link to a form with a dropdown? im having a hard time visualizing that

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:38 pm

https://github.com/jshafer817/LaunchChrome Made for Open Dental 16 or higher or maybe 15... whenever they switched to dotnet 4.5

It would look like this:
1. Drop the http://www.onsitedentalsystems.com/LaunchChrome.dll file into your Open Dental folder.

2. Create Program Link and then restart Open Dental

3. Run the Plugin by clicking on Chrome in the toolbar

4. Whatever you click in the drop down box (combo box) will launch your default web browser to a url.
The URL's: https://github.com/jshafer817/LaunchChr ... hChrome.cs

irfan

Post by irfan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:47 pm

Whoa that’s awesome. Thanks man. I use a middle tier server,I’ll send to my IT guy so he can drop it in the right folder. Or should this be installed locally at each station

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:12 pm

This should be done at each workstation, but you need to recompile the dll file for the url's and menu items that you want. Ask your IT guy to compile it for you, or send me the url's and item list. Won't take but a minute. You might want to private message me the url list.. instead of making it public? I do IT work, let me know if I can ever help you out. :D

trentwolodko

Post by trentwolodko » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:28 am

I'll just add that you will never find another remote/local Dental IT tech like Justin. No one in the niche comes even close to what he's capable of. Don't get a big head, Justin. ;)

As for the plugin, that's cool... I'd dig around github a little more and find some code that not only opens chrome, but passes specific information to chrome via clipboad API which can then be processed by an associated chrome extension. I see a future of passing info for individual and mass webmails via gmail, autopopulating forms on partner sites/insurance co's, etc.

Google's HIPAA BAA covers the following apps... "Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive (including Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms), Google Hangouts (chat messaging feature only), Hangouts Meet, Google Keep, Google Cloud Search, Google Sites, Jamboard, and Google Vault services." There's quite a number of interesting integrations one may be able to accomplish there.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am

Thanks Trent! I just learned some programming because it bugged the hell out of me that Jordan Sparks could program... :D And my oral surgeon Dr. Starck.

dgraffeo

Post by dgraffeo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:59 am

Mardi Gras photos. Nice touch :D
"To understand what recursion is, you must first understand recursion."

David Graffeo
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:49 pm

dgraffeo wrote:Mardi Gras photos. Nice touch :D