Moving lab slip to another patient.

For users or potential users.
ForrestGumpDDS

Moving lab slip to another patient.

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:30 pm

Hello,
Is it technically possible to move/reassign the lab case and the lab slip to another patient?
I just noticed, that one of my lab cases was created from the wrong patient's chart. Everything other than that is fine with the case. Is it possible to reassign it to a correct patient w/o deletion and re-creating it (for the sake of preserving time stamps and record keeping)?
Thank you

wjstarck

Re: Moving lab slip to another patient.

Post by wjstarck » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Couldn't you just create a new lab slip under the correct patient and hand edit the timestamps to match those of the incorrect patient?
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

ForrestGumpDDS

Re: Moving lab slip to another patient.

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:13 pm

Yes, and this is in fact what I end up doing.
I just looked how the consent forms are handled and thought it would be a good idea.
We use lab case feature very often, every day. There are few things that could be different. One of the biggest features that I am missing is inability to continue the case if the lab work requires several steps. That's the only one thing that I miss in Dentrix. In OD I have to create a new case for each step, where is in Dentrix I would create the case once and then could attach it to any number of appointments. The case notes were bound to calendar I believe so you can see when and what you typed by selecting highlighted days on the calendar in the case management window.Sorry for bringing in an off-topic idea.