Superb support

For users or potential users.
Hersheydmd

Superb support

Post by Hersheydmd » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:20 pm

I had another superb experience with tech support today.
I had a problem running updates. I could only get it to work if I manually updated each workstation.
It took a little work, and escalated up to involve an engineer - Chris - but he was eventually able to dissect the problem and correct it. It turned out to be a conflict with another program I use.
You wouldn't get that kind of superb and immediate response at too many other companies. Usually, someone would have to get back to you at a later date, if you are that lucky. More than likely they would tell you it is a "Windows" problem and beyond the scope of their support, "call Microsoft." Not at Open Dental. They don't give up until they solve the problem.
Last edited by Hersheydmd on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

gillamrobert

Re: Superb support

Post by gillamrobert » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:19 am

I also think OD support is amazing. I have never had less than a stellar interaction with them.

erik

Re: Superb support

Post by erik » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:24 am

I'll jump on this bandwagon. I had (another) very helpful call with the OD support team today (thanks Selena!). My issue was upgrading from version 17.1 to 17.2, when half of my workstations were unable to connect to my server. After 30 minutes of troubleshooting the update, reviewing network connectivity problems on both servers and workstations, the issue turned out to be that my longstanding antivirus software had updated at the same time and decided to start blocking OD. Should have checked... Once found, it was an easy fix.