switching from Claim connect

For users or potential users.
Parkplazadental

switching from Claim connect

Post by Parkplazadental » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:43 am

Any suggestion which clear house works better than Claim connect?
I lost over 10K using claim connect s far! We have 2 providers in the office of which one is in Network with most of the PPOs and I am out of Network. Since June all the claims we sent under my name have been changed automatically to his name in Claim Connect. My staff did not catch the problem until Last week I was going over the checks and I noticed we are getting paid so much lower for the procedures I've done or even for our Hygiene that I performed the exam. The claim preview in OD looks correct and It was under my name, Then I noticed it's been switched over in Claim Connect for no reason. That was a big loss and I can not send all the claims back to insurance and ask them to reprocess it specially the ones that we already deposit the checks.
I called Claim Connect, They said there was a link made for whatever reason that caused the switch and she deleted the link and she said it should not happen again. I trusted her and sent the claims. I went back today and checked them, They all have been switched under the wrong provider again!! Frustrating. I wish we could send the claims directly from OD. We had Dentrix Ascend before and the only thing I miss is the claim system. It was direct and the payment turn around was much quicker. Our collection dropped since we switched to OD. Any recommendation about other clear houses appreciated.

mohrOM

Re: switching from Claim connect

Post by mohrOM » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:11 am

I don't like Claim connect as well. Our claims seem to be held up in their system for some time for various reasons. We do not get any type of notification that there is an issue with any/all the claims. We only find out if we log on to their site or find we are not getting paid for certain claims. I can get paid faster if we just print and mail a claim to BCBS than I can sending it to the clearing house of Claim Connect.