Recall for 4BW and Prophy

For users or potential users.
jackiefitch

Recall for 4BW and Prophy

Post by jackiefitch » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:57 am

Just wondering how others follow-up on Bite Wing Recalls in the Appointment List. I don't want separate messages or postcards going out for both the prophy (or perio) and for bite wings but Open Dental says they can't link them and having them on the list doubles the list. they often show different dates so you can't see them together. However, if I don't include them in the Recall List I'm not sure of a good way to track those patients who are due for their bite wings.

pid_user

Re: Recall for 4BW and Prophy

Post by pid_user » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:18 pm

We use a plugin from HRDSQ, which gives us quick recall info about Pt along with their summary via one click. It is one of the daily task of our back office to check this info on every Pt sched for the day. Also get this info daily via custom report from them. They have few more smart tools, do check them out.
ImageImage

rhaber123

Re: Recall for 4BW and Prophy

Post by rhaber123 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:54 am

The recall types and when due are available in the family module,
In our office we set up 4 types of recall: Prophy, Perio Maintenance , 4BW, SRP, Pano, etc....
Staff and hygienists are always supposed to check this section before starting ANY treatment, but I think it will work better if the doctor will help too.
Always, the day before, I check it personally, review the patients chart and Xrays, and I add a simple note to the appointment instructing the staff what to do,
for example: over due for BW, due for Prophy, need SRP, etc.... and if the patient declines, a note is entered in the chart about it. (quick notes already set up)
Patients follow these recommendations better when reminded mainly by the doctor, or the hygienist
If you can not do it, assign someone to enter these notes into the appointment, and you can follow up with the patient

I am not that good at writing queries, but I hope this query will be helpful.
It was modified from query #384 ....It will bring a list for these 4 types of recall
You will need to export it as an excel file and sort it as needed.

You can expand the dates for one year for example, and sort it in the excel document by the patient name,
so you will get most of the types of the recall that are due for the patient during a year.

It will help to mail post cards, or send emails, or call the patients

==================================================================================================================================
You will need to modify the dates as needed
p.HasIns='I' /*has insurance, change to <>'I' for the uninsured*
==================================================================================================================================

/*384-A WITH INSURANCE

List of patients with addresses past due for recall of type prophy or perio
with recall type with insurance with NO scheduled apt*/
SET @FromDate='2017-07-01' , @ToDate='2017-07-31';
SET @pos=0;
SELECT @pos:=@pos+1 AS 'Count', rt.description,r.DateDue, p.PatNum, p.Email, p. WirelessPhone, p.HmPhone, p.Address, p.Address2, p.City, p.State, p.ZIP FROM recall r
INNER JOIN recalltype rt ON r.recalltypenum = rt.recalltypenum
INNER JOIN patient p ON p.PatNum=r.PatNum
LEFT JOIN appointment a ON a.PatNum=p.PatNum AND a.AptStatus=1
WHERE p.patstatus = 0 AND (DATE(r.datedue) BETWEEN @FromDate AND @ToDate) AND
p.HasIns='I' /*has insurance, change to <>'I' for the uninsured*/
AND (rt.Description LIKE('%perio%') OR rt.Description LIKE('%prophy%')OR rt.Description LIKE('%4BW%') OR rt.Description LIKE('%SRP%') ) AND NOT ISNULL(r.DateDue)

/*384-B WITHOUT INSURANCE

with recall type without insurance with NO scheduled apt*/
SET @pos=0;
SELECT @pos:=@pos+1 AS 'Count', rt.description,r.DateDue, p.PatNum, p.Email, p. WirelessPhone, p.HmPhone, p.Address, p.Address2, p.City, p.State, p.ZIP FROM recall r
WHERE p.patstatus = 0 AND (DATE(r.datedue) BETWEEN @FromDate AND @ToDate) AND
p.HasIns<>'I' /*has insurance, change to <>'I' for the uninsured*/
AND (rt.Description LIKE('%perio%') OR rt.Description LIKE('%prophy%')OR rt.Description LIKE('%4BW%') OR rt.Description LIKE('%SRP%') ) AND NOT ISNULL(r.DateDue)

/*384-C FOR ALL PATIENTS

with recall type with NO scheduled apt*/
SET @pos=0;
WHERE p.patstatus = 0 AND (DATE(r.datedue) BETWEEN @FromDate AND @ToDate)