More field choices on sheets

For users or potential users.
JLM

More field choices on sheets

Post by JLM » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:06 am

I was trying to implement lab tracking which led me to trying to define lab slips in 'Edit Sheet Def' window. Because of HIPAA I never send patient names out on lab slips. I use their chart number. Is there a way to add that field to the Fields box on the Edit Sheet Def page? Maybe something I can tweak in the db?

Jim Margarit
ps. As a side note, am I the only one that thinks that telling a lab full of people who aren't covered by a Business Associate Agreement that the local mayor's wife wears dentures is a bad idea?

cmcgehee

Re: More field choices on sheets

Post by cmcgehee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:31 pm

It turns out you can add the Chart Number to a lab slip. Within the Edit Sheet Def window, click the StaticText button. Then click on ChartNumber, click OK, and drag the ChartNumber field to the location you want it.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

noestervemb

Post by noestervemb » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:19 pm

You might want to check with your state requirements. In my state patient name has to be on the slip or you get in trouble.

JLM

Post by JLM » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:11 pm

It turns out you can add the Chart Number to a lab slip. Within the Edit Sheet Def window, click the StaticText button. Then click on ChartNumber, click OK, and drag the ChartNumber field to the location you want it.
Great, thanks!

Jim Margarit