IOC Snapshot cant use the import button?

For users or potential users.
noestervemb

IOC Snapshot cant use the import button?

Post by noestervemb » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:59 am

IOC Snapshot program. I just installed it at my front desk computer. I want to take patient face photos for the chart so i can remember who is who. It works great but my issues is that now when my front desk use the import button to import like a PDF it imports it into the patient pictures folder. So she cant import files anymore. so that is a bummer and not very usefull. Anybody got a workaround or? I like the way it is easy for her to push one button to take and import a photo. But i need her to be able to import files from like insruance companies etc.

cmcgehee

Re: IOC Snapshot cant use the import button?

Post by cmcgehee » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:55 am

When in the Images module, clicking on a folder and then clicking import will import the file into the selected folder. I am not familiar with the IOC Snapshot program, so perhaps it is messing with importing.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:43 pm

But i need her to be able to import files from like insruance companies etc.
Even after the file was imported , you can move it from one folder to another

1- in the Images module, Right click on the file that you want to move
2- click on : info ........a pop up screen open: " Item Info",
just pick another category/folder to place your file in it or to make any changes that are necessary
Last edited by rhaber123 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:13 pm

If you don't have a fast and duplex scanner, you need to get one to go paperless and make your staff happy

Another way is to get a patient's picture from their driver license.

in our office, when a patient comes in, and in the Images module, we scan the patient driver license as an image file ...JPG..., crop it in OD , and place it in the "Patient Pictures" folder.
all this is available and done inside Open Dental"

The way we set it up, in the Images module, click on Patient Pictures, click on the single page icon up in the menu,

this will allow you to use your scanner to scan your document in JPG format
once the scan is complete, you can crop any unnecessary info and keep the patient photo only

if you want to scan in a pdf format, just click on the multipage icon

noestervemb

Post by noestervemb » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:43 am

Thank you for the replies but I know how the import button works. That was not my question.

It is when i installed Justin Shafers program to allow a webcam to take a photo directly from a webcam and automatically place it into the patient photo folder. However, now when i click the import button it automatically import everything into the patient photos folder. I cant choose where to import it. When i uninstall the program the import button works just fine again. So it is his program that messes the import button up. Was looking to see if anybody knew how to fix this.

His program is awesome in the sense it allows us to have a webcam at the front desk, you click the "Ioc" button and it takes a photo and automatically saves it to the patient photos folder. Only 1 click and done. But if it means i cant import i cant use it.

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:37 am

noestervemb wrote:Thank you for the replies but I know how the import button works. That was not my question.

It is when i installed Justin Shafers program to allow a webcam to take a photo directly from a webcam and automatically place it into the patient photo folder. However, now when i click the import button it automatically import everything into the patient photos folder. I cant choose where to import it. When i uninstall the program the import button works just fine again. So it is his program that messes the import button up. Was looking to see if anybody knew how to fix this.

His program is awesome in the sense it allows us to have a webcam at the front desk, you click the "Ioc" button and it takes a photo and automatically saves it to the patient photos folder. Only 1 click and done. But if it means i cant import i cant use it.
I would use the VideoDS\Twain method to use a webcam at the frontdesk and that way my plugin doesn't override the Import to file function. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2904

I could write the plugin to not go off the Import to File method, but so far Open Dental developers have only added 1 hook for me, and so I am taking advantage of the hook they gave me. This "hook" refreshes the document list after taking images without the user manually refreshing the list. I could remove the Import to File override, and make people manually refresh.... I don't know. What do you think? It's kinda complicated to discuss... I will there was a way to refresh the document list from just using the normal toolbar button, but the plugin framework doesn't allow it. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6390

They made FillDocList public for me, but... it doesn't work. So... I stopped bugging them about it. I do wonder.. if someone in the operatory wants to use the normal Import To File dialog window method to import files and they can't because my plugin enabled.. would it suck? Perhaps they want to import files from a digital camera for normal photos.. AND use my plugin to use an IntraOral Camera... Would it be better not to care about the Document List automatically refreshing while using the LaunchToolbarButton method and leaving the "Import to file" aka "ContrImages.ToolBarImport_Click_Start" method alone?

Oh how I WISH I could use FillDocList from the plugin framework. :D

Hmmmmm in the meantime I compiled the plugin for YOU to do what you want.. You can use the standard Import To File method AND use my Camera Plugin as a ToolBar Button.. EXCEPT just be sure to tell your hygienists they have to manually refresh the Document List to see the files they imported. http://www.onsitedentalsystems.com/noes ... Camera.dll