OD aplication stop working

For users or potential users.
Tomas

OD aplication stop working

Post by Tomas » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:58 am

Hello,
I have problem with stability of the aplication OD 16.2.131.0. Everything was O.K. till number of patient 131. I added patient number 132 and started to fill the chart. The aplication suddenly stopped work and OD was closed. Can you help me with the problem?
Thank you.
Tomas

There is log:
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'
v OpenDentBusiness.DataConnection.NonQ(String commands, Boolean getInsertID, OdSqlParameter[] parameters) v D:\Dental16.2\OpenDentBusiness\Db\DataConnection.cs:line 757
v OpenDentBusiness.DataCore.NonQ(String command, Boolean getInsertID, OdSqlParameter[] parameters) v D:\Dental16.2\OpenDentBusiness\Db\DataCore.cs:line 34
v OpenDentBusiness.Db.NonQ(String command, Boolean getInsertID, OdSqlParameter[] parameters) v D:\Dental16.2\OpenDentBusiness\Db\Db.cs:line 86
v OpenDentBusiness.Crud.ToothInitialCrud.Insert(ToothInitial toothInitial, Boolean useExistingPK) v D:\Dental16.2\OpenDentBusiness\Crud\ToothInitialCrud.cs:line 138
v OpenDentBusiness.Crud.ToothInitialCrud.Insert(ToothInitial toothInitial) v D:\Dental16.2\OpenDentBusiness\Crud\ToothInitialCrud.cs:line 110
v OpenDentBusiness.ToothInitials.Insert(ToothInitial init) v D:\Dental16.2\OpenDentBusiness\Data Interface\ToothInitials.cs:line 33
v OpenDentBusiness.ToothInitials.SetValueQuick(Int64 patNum, String tooth_id, ToothInitialType initialType, Single moveAmt) v D:\Dental16.2\OpenDentBusiness\Data Interface\ToothInitials.cs:line 81
v OpenDental.ContrChart.butMixed_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) v D:\Dental16.2\OpenDental\Main Modules\ContrChart.cs:line 8848
v System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
v System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
v OpenDental.UI.Button.OnClick(EventArgs ea) v D:\Dental16.2\OpenDental\UI\Button.cs:line 155
v System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
v System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
v System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
v System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
v System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
v System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
v System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
v System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Tomas Krejci
MobiDent s.r.o.
Czech Republic

JasonL

Re: OD aplication stop working

Post by JasonL » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:40 am

We typically find the "duplicate entry for key primary" error when there are sudden crashes to the system and something didn't get logged correctly (usually in the securitylog or securityloghash tables), necessitating a repair to some table. If you are still experiencing this issue you can call in to our support center and we'll be able to assist you with this process. As an additional note: The highest release version we have for Open Dental 16.2 is 16.2.76. Did you mean that you were on either 16.2.13 or 16.2.31? If so I would recommend updating Open Dental to the latest stable version (or the latest build of your current version) since both of those are beta releases.
Jason Long
Open Dental Web Technology Coordinator
www.opendental.com

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:12 am

And once you've upgraded, run Database Maintenance (if it lets you get into the program).
http://www.opendental.com/manual/databa ... nance.html
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Tomas

Post by Tomas » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:17 am

I switched on the Database Maintenance according to the desription. There is only one problem - "RecallDuplicatesWarn - Warning! Recall types not set up properly. There must be at least one of each type: perio and prophy."
Is it possible that this issue may cause a problem with the stability of the OD application?
I used the tools "Optimize", "Appt Procs", "Remove Nulls" but without succes.
I can open the aplication. If I want to add anything with the chart (extraction of the tooth,...) the aplication is closed.
Tomas Krejci
MobiDent s.r.o.
Czech Republic

cmcgehee

Post by cmcgehee » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:16 am

If the issue is still persisting, then you most likely have database corruption. We can usually fix this, but we will need to remote connect to your server. You can call our support line at 503-363-5432.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software

Tomas

Post by Tomas » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:07 am

Hello,
thank you for your response. I am using local server. It is not possible to remote access. I can send you the mysql database. Is it possible? Please, send me your e-mail.
Thank you.
Tomas
Tomas Krejci
MobiDent s.r.o.
Czech Republic

cmcgehee

Post by cmcgehee » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Sending your database over email wouldn't be secure and plus your database would be changing in the time it took us to repair it on our end. If your server or any of your workstations have an internet browser, we can connect to it. If your office is set up as a local network with no internet access, then send me a private message through this forum and I can assist you further.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software