Open Dental "SetupFiles" directory and contents

For users or potential users.
ki0ak

Open Dental "SetupFiles" directory and contents

Post by ki0ak » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:19 pm

All:

I apologize if this has been asked before (try searching on "setup" and see how many results you get!), but is there any reason to save old Setup_*.exe files? I've been using Open Dental since 2010, so you can imaging how many updates/upgrades have been done, resulting in many such files (over 1.0GB).

Thanks.

Brad
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
(319)396-7263

jsalmon

Re: Open Dental "SetupFiles" directory and contents

Post by jsalmon » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:42 pm

There is no need to keep the old setup files. We automatically back them up because many offices call in with update problems and often times want to go back to the last working version because they chose to update during working hours or at lunch time which is not recommended.
Feel free to delete any that you don't want to keep around (the most recent is the only pertinent one IMO).
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

ki0ak

Re: Open Dental "SetupFiles" directory and contents

Post by ki0ak » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:51 pm

jsalmon wrote:There is no need to keep the old setup files. We automatically back them up because many offices call in with update problems and often times want to go back to the last working version because they chose to update during working hours or at lunch time which is not recommended.
Feel free to delete any that you don't want to keep around (the most recent is the only pertinent one IMO).
That's what I figured - thanks for the confirmation and quick reply!

Brad
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
(319)396-7263