Today was my last day at Open Dental

For users or potential users.
Arna

Today was my last day at Open Dental

Post by Arna » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:06 pm

Good afternoon fellow dental nerds,

I have some big news. Today was my last day with Open Dental. I am leaving Open Dental to pursue a project I've been involved with for a while. Although I won't be an official employee of the company anymore, I will still be involved with their operation from the outside, as I'll now be a customer and have strong ties to a lot of the fine folk I am leaving behind (including my husband).

My new venture is also in dentistry and actually aligns with Open Dental's values (something I've been vehemently passionate about). I'll still support these forums in the same capacity, and my Open Dental knowledge is going nowhere. I'm pumped to be in a position to actually affect some real change within the industry, and advocate on behalf of us all to reduce the costs associated with running a practice.

Those of you who've spoken with me over the years are fully aware how fired up I get about the overpricing of pretty much EVERYTHING in the dental world, and it shouldn't, nor will it continue to be that way. Jordan had the same fire in him when he decided to write Open Dental and I've caught his bug :) I am forever thankful for his friendship and everything that we've been able to build together.

If you need (or even just want) to contact me, my email address is now: arna@smarterdentist.com.

It's been my pleasure to serve you all on behalf of Open Dental, and I look forward to continuing those relationships I've built with you.

Arna
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

Rickliftig

Re: Today was my last day at Open Dental

Post by Rickliftig » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:21 pm

Best of luck Arna. We users will miss you, but isn't it great to see the community that you have helped nurture over the years evolve into " a movement"?

best,

Rick
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

Tom Zaccaria

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:21 am

Noooo! Say it isn't so!!
Rant over. Best of Luck. You were a valuable asset here on the forum.

drtmz

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:49 am

We all wish you the best Arna. Very much appreciate your years of work, you were someone we could always rely on.

Knock em dead!

Arna

Post by Arna » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:13 pm

Rickliftig wrote:Best of luck Arna. We users will miss you, but isn't it great to see the community that you have helped nurture over the years evolve into " a movement"?

best,

Rick
Thanks everyone. It's now OD forum official. I just changed my signature :o

And to Rick- it's AMAZING to see that this community has evolved into a movement. I'm so thankful to have been a part of it.

Arna Meyer

JLM

Post by JLM » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:47 am

Oops. smarterdentist.com is a dead link. Someone forgot to pay the webhosting bill...

JLM

Arna

Post by Arna » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:52 pm

JLM wrote:Oops. smarterdentist.com is a dead link. Someone forgot to pay the webhosting bill...

JLM
Interesting- I can see it on my end :/

You had me scared there for a moment!!

Arna Meyer

JLM

Post by JLM » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:47 pm

Works now... It literally showed the name of the web hosting company and stated something about payment being overdue.

Jim

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:48 pm

FWIW - It said something like "Squarespace - Website Expired"
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com