Statments - sending under wrong name

For users or potential users.
khdilger

Statments - sending under wrong name

Post by khdilger » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:21 am

When we run statements and one family member has a balance, the statments are sent under the other family member on the account. I assume somehow this member is designated as head of account or something. How can statements be set to only send to the family member with the actual balance?

khdilger

Re: Statments - sending under wrong name

Post by khdilger » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:31 am

Anyone have any input how to get a families statement to send to the individual on the account who has the balance?

cmcgehee

Post by cmcgehee » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:14 am

Currently you can do this by going to the patient's account, clicking the drop down next to the Statements button, selecting More Options, checking the Single Patient Only box, and then creating the statement. There is not a way to use batch billing to send statements to patients who are not guarantors (the head of the family account). There has been a feature request to add this functionality for electronic statements (request 2500). If you want to have this functionality for printed or emailed statements, you can submit a new feature request for that.
http://opendental.com/manual/featurerequests.html
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

sammyp42

Post by sammyp42 » Fri May 06, 2022 7:47 pm

Reviving a rather old thread here, but is this ever going to be added? We use EDS for electronic statements and it's a royal pain that we can't send a single patient, or limited statement, electronically. In lieu of this feature, I noticed that I can manually edit the XML file generated by OD before importing it in EDS. I open the XML, remove the extraneous patient entries and update the balances to match the ledger. Though not very easy, this seems to work relatively well! I'm tempted to create a separate utility just to simplify editing the XML, but not sure it's worth the effort. Any updates or thoughts on this?

mtbui2008

Post by mtbui2008 » Wed May 18, 2022 10:12 am

Instead of click 'statement', you always should click arrow dropdown , then more options, then check the box 'Single patient only', then adjust the dates from and to. Hope this help to solve your problem. PeteN