Big Idea Soft EASy (Anesthesia Record)

For users or potential users.
jcbdmd

Big Idea Soft EASy (Anesthesia Record)

Post by jcbdmd » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:56 am

Trying to setup EASy trial. Cannot find instructions for any recent versions of OD, and I am on OD 16.3.x. It is not listed in the program links.

Big Idea Soft website has not been updated in quite a long time and has several dead links.

Is this something I want to spend that kind of money ($1500) on if it is not kept up to date? Are there alternatives?

wjstarck

Re: Big Idea Soft EASy (Anesthesia Record)

Post by wjstarck » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:40 am

Hello-

To run the Anesthesia plugin, you'll need to run the installer, then add a Program Link in Setup > Program Links.

Click 'Add'. then enter a name in the 'Description' text box, click 'Enabled' and type in 'Anesthesia[VersionMajMin].dll' in the Plug-in dll name text box. Click 'OK', then close and restart Open Dental.

It looks like the trial license code is broken, so feel free to PM me or send an email to helpdesk@bigideasoft.com and I will send you a trial license key. A link to the manual is present on the website but I can see that it is not easy to get to, so I can email you the user manual as well, which shows you how to get it up and running.

EASy runs with all OpenDental versions 15.3.x and newer, and is actively developed, as I use it daily :P
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA

noestervemb

Post by noestervemb » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:21 pm

If you do any kind of sedation i would recommend getting it. It makes your documentation so much easier. I just got it about 2 months ago and now use it for all my sedations and Dr. Starck helped me get it up and running. So much easier. I know he is revamping the code to make automatically importing data from your vital signs monitor easier. Still waiting for that but when that gets worked out it will be super easy to do documentation.

Emunarov

Post by Emunarov » Sat May 23, 2020 3:53 pm

Hi. I know that this post is about 4 years old. I have a criticare ngenuity8100 monitor, would it work with big idea soft EASy software?

Thank you.

wjstarck

Post by wjstarck » Thu May 28, 2020 6:05 am

Emunarov wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 3:53 pm
Hi. I know that this post is about 4 years old. I have a criticare ngenuity8100 monitor, would it work with big idea soft EASy software?

Thank you.
Looks like no. The nGenuitys export data via the COM port, whereas we need to see data in HL7 format in TCP/IP packets. So not currently until Criticare updates their monitors.
Cheers,

Bill Starck, DDS
Big Idea Software, LLC
Developer, EASy(Electronic Anesthesia System) for Open Dental
817-807-1709
TX, USA