OpenDental Newsletter

For users or potential users.
Tom Zaccaria

OpenDental Newsletter

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:33 pm

I am surprised that no body mentioned the spiffy OpenDental Newsletter that we received on Monday.
Very useful information on the growth of the company.

Equally surprised that no one mentioned the new building being planned and could it possibly be in the shape of a lower first molar. (Would have guessed premolar but I know we are already too big for that shape.)

Good Luck with the project.

drtmz

Rickliftig

Re: OpenDental Newsletter

Post by Rickliftig » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:43 am

I'll second that Tom. Over the last 8.5 years using OD, communication has been a pet peeve. I like knowing what's coming down the pike, I like being involved with the shaping of the program.

And I understand why flying under the radar while the company has matured has been a good strategy, but it doesn't have to stay that way. It's amazing to see how well the staff and userbase has grown without wasting 25-50% of the gross income on advertising. Jordan, Nathan - you are total contrarians and guess what - it worked! In fact, the strategy as been very much like running a quality dental practice: you need a small amount of promotion, but the best patients come through the recommendations of others. Growth is well-controlled and quality is maintained.

So congrats and thanks to the team for the small, but important step!

best,

Rick
Last edited by Rickliftig on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

e.m.euen

Re: OpenDental Newsletter

Post by e.m.euen » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:39 am

We're so glad you all found the newsletter helpful, we plan to release them more and more frequently as time goes on. We are also working towards building on our online presence to expand the Open Dental online community. We want to have our users involved and in the know. You are the backbone of what we do here and the more connected we are with our users, the better experience for everyone.

We couldn't agree with you more, Rick, we have and will continue to rely heavily on recommendations from our users, but we know there are many different small steps we can begin to take to get the word out about Open Dental in other ways. One of which is joining the rest of the world on some of the more prevalent social media platforms. We will slowly but surely be growing our presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc... The goal is to have multiple modes of steady communication with our current users, and to reach some potential users as well. If you haven't already, please consider connecting with us on those platforms and inviting others that you're connected to in the industry to do so as well.

https://www.facebook.com/OpenDental/ - If you're up for it, we would love to have you write a review on the FB page.
https://twitter.com/OpenDent
https://www.linkedin.com/company/open-dental-software

We look forward to continually evolving with you.

Cheers!

Erica