Changing tooth number

For users or potential users.
drschulman

Changing tooth number

Post by drschulman » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:03 pm

Hello!! I'm sure this is a simple fix....but it is the end of the day so my brain is mush! :shock: We did a filling, sent claim, received payment and such and now several weeks later Doc informs wrong tooth number :roll: It will not let me simple edit it now that its attached to a check and all that jazz (we did just have computer maintenance and my user rights are wacky, so is that it??) ....Need to edit tooth number and send in corrected history for claim (reprint that code on split claim) Any suggestions :D

Thanks!!!

afeuer

Re: Changing tooth number

Post by afeuer » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:19 pm

I know this was an old post, but I was about to start another thread with pretty much the same thing.

If you have all permissions selected and click 'edit anyway' the tooth number is still grayed out.

Normally I would delete the claim, change the tooth number and then recreate it.

The problem is that the claim was resubmitted manually with the corrected tooth number. It is attached to a large bulk claim, then attached to large deposit. I can't realistically go and delete all of that stuff, fix the problem and recreate them.

If I add a new code and then adjust it then my reports will be off. If I do nothing, the chart is wrong.

I can't think of anyway to fix this problem.

-Adam

cmcgehee

Re: Changing tooth number

Post by cmcgehee » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:24 am

The way to fix this is to delete the deposit, delete the claim, change the tooth number, and recreate the claim. That may not be a simple fix, but it should be doable. I would take screenshots before you delete things so that you can recreate them accurately.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com