Copying/Pasting Provider Schedule

For users or potential users.
Mgostigian

Copying/Pasting Provider Schedule

Post by Mgostigian » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:08 am

I'm starting to think I have a defective copy of Open Dental or something.

I go to Setup - Schedules. Copy a day that has the schedule correct. Paste it into a different day. But it does not show up in the appointment view. It shows it copied the day. It shows it pasted the day. But when I go to the appointment view it is no different. Same happens when I copy/paste for the week also. Am I skipping a step somewhere?

dgraffeo

Re: Copying/Pasting Provider Schedule

Post by dgraffeo » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:32 am

When you paste the day, go into it and make sure that you have an operatory assigned to that time period. For example, if you have a provider named Prov1 and an operatory named Op1, in the schedule for a particular day you should see Provider of Prov1 and Ops as Op1. When you go back to the Appointment Module and refresh it, it should show the provider as being scheduled for that time (based on provider color that you have set up)
"To understand what recursion is, you must first understand recursion."

David Graffeo
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

cmcgehee

Post by cmcgehee » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:39 am

Recently we've been having a lot of calls where people copy pasted the schedule and nothing happened. Usually it was because there were no providers selected. In early versions of 16.3 (and maybe 16.2 also), the Schedules window loaded with no providers or employees selected, so clicking copy paste didn't do anything because no providers or employees were selected. We added a preference to have all selected when loading the window in 16.3.29.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:24 am

cmcgehee wrote:We added a preference to have all selected when loading the window in 16.3.29.
That's good! I really don't like the schedule defaulting to having nothing loaded.
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com