SMS from Unassigned Patient

For users or potential users.
kirkland

SMS from Unassigned Patient

Post by kirkland » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi, I already searched this topic but couldn't find the related one.

I am using OpenDental eService - Integrated Text feature.
As I am trying to use Google Adwords' new Click-to-text feature "Message extensions", I sometimes receive text message from unassigned or unknown number.

Receiving a first message is working well.
The patient name appears as "unassigned"
And of course #Phone Match is 0.

Problems :
1. I cannot reply back to the text message sent from "unassigned" <-- Received message
2. After I select any text from known exising patient, I can choose the text message from "unassigned" #1 and can reply back to the text. <-- Sent message
3. The sent message is not appearing on coversation mode and treated as an individual text message sent to "unassigned"
4. If I want to save the "unassigned" text phone number (received message) as a new patient by right click and choose "Changing Pt", the error message appears. "Number of sent messages unselected: 1 Please select at least one received message". And I cannot proceed other than click "OK"
5. Only way to save the number as a new pt is manually create a patient with the phone number. Since I cannot copy or paste, I need to write the phone number down and type this number as wireless number.
6. Even after I created a new pt profile using the phone number, the Received Message and the Sent message is not automatically linked to the new patient. I have to manually link the text messages to the profile using "Changing Pt" option.
7. Because of #6, the conversation mode isn't starting automatically until new text messages sent or received.

What I would suggest
  • 1. Conversation mode should automatically start even with unassigned patient phone number. Also, should be able to add the phone number to both new pt or existing pt from the text messaging window.
    2. If I create a new patient profile, all text messages should automatically link to the profile.
    3. Also should support a template function, such as pre-formatted content or signature.
Please let me know if I need to add or clarify.
Mint Kids Dentistry

nathansparks

Re: SMS from Unassigned Patient

Post by nathansparks » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:10 pm

I like these ideas, I will have our engineers write these up into feature requests that you can vote on. Putting just one vote on a feature request will mean you get notified when we add the feature. I will treat most of these with high priority.
Nathan Sparks (CEO Open Dental)

kirkland

Post by kirkland » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:44 pm

nathansparks wrote:I like these ideas, I will have our engineers write these up into feature requests that you can vote on. Putting just one vote on a feature request will mean you get notified when we add the feature. I will treat most of these with high priority.
Nathan Sparks (CEO Open Dental)
Thank you.
Is there the feature request item # I can check and vote?
Mint Kids Dentistry

Tralston

Post by Tralston » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:09 am

I will touch base with our engineers today to see if we have created the requests yet and will let you know.
Timothy Ralston
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:50 pm

I've just added Feature Request #5046 "Integrated Texting, better handling of "unassigned" phone numbers" to the feature request system. Please vote and comment from the Request Features dialog from the Help menu in Open Dental. I hope it covers the gist of what you were looking for.
Ryan Meyer
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

kirkland

Post by kirkland » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:01 pm

THANK YOU!
Mint Kids Dentistry