controlled substances printing

For users or potential users.
enamelrod

controlled substances printing

Post by enamelrod » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:21 am

Is there a way to assign 1 particular printer to print all of the controlled substances? Since you have the check box Can you give it the ability to assign a printer to that Rx.

Arna

Re: controlled substances printing

Post by Arna » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:51 am

You can set controlled prescriptions to print to a particular printer, yes: http://opendental.com/manual/printersetup.html
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

Mgostigian

Post by Mgostigian » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:06 pm

Speaking of which, is there any way to not allow my hygienist's name to show up in prescriptions? We are having the issue now of my DA's printing a script but it's coming out as my hygienist's provider ID. Can I remove her from being an option?

Arna

Post by Arna » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:14 pm

I suspect your Hygienist is not set up as a secondary provider in Lists > Providers.

Arna Meyer

Mgostigian

Post by Mgostigian » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:14 am

Arna wrote:I suspect your Hygienist is not set up as a secondary provider in Lists > Providers.
The box marked "Secondary provider (hyg)" is checked. If I uncheck it will it not allow her to be on the prescription?

Arna

Post by Arna » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:28 am

Hrm. Open Dental will typically assign prescriptions to the non-secondary providers first. Is the hygienist being set as the primary provider for appointments in your practice?

Arna Meyer

Mgostigian

Post by Mgostigian » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:21 pm

Arna wrote:Hrm. Open Dental will typically assign prescriptions to the non-secondary providers first. Is the hygienist being set as the primary provider for appointments in your practice?
I don't think so? When I double click a hygiene appointment it lists me as the Provider and her as the Hygienist and the checkbox below that Is Hygiene is checked. Is that what you're referring to?

Arna

Post by Arna » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:40 pm

Mgostigian wrote:
Arna wrote:Hrm. Open Dental will typically assign prescriptions to the non-secondary providers first. Is the hygienist being set as the primary provider for appointments in your practice?
I don't think so? When I double click a hygiene appointment it lists me as the Provider and her as the Hygienist and the checkbox below that Is Hygiene is checked. Is that what you're referring to?
Yes.

I think I'd like someone to take a look at what you're referring to. At your convenience, please give support a call to troubleshoot.

Arna Meyer

Mgostigian

Post by Mgostigian » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:13 am

I have not contacted support yet but we noticed it again yesterday. When my hygienist is logged in, she went to print a script for amoxicillin pre-med for a patient and it defaulted to her provider ID. I am not sure why Open Dental even allows a hygienist to be an option to have their name on a prescription, seeing as how in Florida hygienists are not allowed to rx medications.

Tralston

Post by Tralston » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:37 am

From a prescribing standpoint, it does sound out of the ordinary. If you have verified that your hygienist is setup as a secondary provider under Lists>Providers, I will have to agree with Arna. To troubleshoot what is taking place one of our staff will need to get connected if you have time to call in.
Timothy Ralston
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com