Planned Appointments buried under completed appointments

For users or potential users.
jthuisman

Planned Appointments buried under completed appointments

Post by jthuisman » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:56 am

Hi,

Nearly a new user here, learning the ropes on my converted trial database (after 10 years with Dentrix). I've really been looking forward to using the planned appointment feature. I just found that in my converted database, a planned appointment lists UNDER all completed appointments. I see in the newest version you can hide completed PLANNED appointments - but this is 10 years worth of historical data, none of it associated with planned appointments at all. Is there a way to have the "Appointments for Patient" window exclude appointments with the complete status? Or barring that, is there a setting that will sort planned appointments to the top of the list rather than the bottom?

Jandrew

Re: Planned Appointments buried under completed appointments

Post by Jandrew » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:06 pm

Even though the planned appointments show up on the bottom of the grid, the scrollbar should automatically jump to the very bottom, showing you what that patient has planned and scheduled most recently. I think because of this, the fact that the oldest completed appointments show on top hasn't bothered very many people.
If your problem is that you're having a hard time distinguishing your planned appointments from appointments with different statuses, my suggestion would be to go to Setup > Definitions > Prog Notes Colors and change the background color of the planned appointment -- the colors that shows up in the 'Appointment for [Patient]' window match the colors that appear in the progress notes, so if you set a bright, unique color for your planned appointments, you should be able to see them right away.
Programmer (n.): A machine that turns coffee into code.

Andrew Jansen
Open Dental Software
Software Engineer
andrew@opendental.com
503-363-5432

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:53 pm

When I switched from another software to OD few years ago, I told the conversion team about my personal needs. They did it and were EXCELLENT.
Try to contact them and discuss with them your preferences (maybe you can call it custom conversion and not the standard conversion).
It is worth every penny and will save you a lot of problems in the future.

jthuisman

Post by jthuisman » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:35 am

Thank you both!

I think that changing the background color will address the issue I see. I'm curious what sort of changes rhaber123 had made to the conversion - and about how the list of changes was developed. Team members pounding away on the trial conversion and looking for things that bugged them?

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:42 pm

We did just very few changes. No list, and it was a different software. It is always good to ask the conversion team
OD provided my team with training, remote connection FOR FEW HOURS , and that was VERY helpful.
My team wrote their questions, and OD training team took care of that.
You will be surprised how EASY it will be for your staff to use OD after the training sessions.
And if any employee still have a question few days later, OD support team was always available to solve the problem and most of the time with just few clicks.