Appointment Confirmed Not Tracked

For users or potential users.
Ardavan

Appointment Confirmed Not Tracked

Post by Ardavan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:50 am

Hello,

Today the team pointed out to me they are having trouble tracking who changed the "Confirmed" field of a few appointments. After some experimentation we discovered that when the "Confirmed" field is changed directly from the appointment module (not from the Edit Appointment window) there is no Audit Trail log of the event. If the "Confirmed" status is changed from the Edit Appointment window the edit is tracked in the audit trail as expected.

I'm not sure if this is by design, and if so is there a way to force logging the change or prevent the change from happening outside the Edit Appointment window?

Thanks.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who will laugh at this joke, and those who won't. ~Annonymous Bug Writer

cmcgehee

Re: Appointment Confirmed Not Tracked

Post by cmcgehee » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:53 am

What version of Open Dental are you on? On 16.3.15, I changed the Confirmed status on an appointment from the appointment module, and it showed up in the audit trail.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Ardavan

Post by Ardavan » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:06 am

Thanks for the reply, we are still on 16.1.22.0. Looking forward to the update.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who will laugh at this joke, and those who won't. ~Annonymous Bug Writer

cmcgehee

Post by cmcgehee » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:01 am

You're welcome. Version 16.3 is when we added the tracking of the Confirmation status to the audit trail.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com