Statement Preferences

For users or potential users.
Rickliftig

Statement Preferences

Post by Rickliftig » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:10 am

I'm looking for a local setting/check box.

Several patients wish to have their statements e-mailed (but not all). Can this be set default on a per patient basis in account settings? I know that I can check e-mail in statement options, but it doesn't stick.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

Arna

Re: Statement Preferences

Post by Arna » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:55 am

Email is the default mode when the patient has an email billing type (in Definitions, Billing Types, E has been entered for E=Email bill). These statements will be emailed directly from Open Dental from the Email From address. The statement will be attached to the email as a .pdf and the default email message will be used. If using Clinics and Practice/Clinic is the Email From, the email address of the patient's clinic is used (Clinic Setup). If there is no clinic email, the practice default is used (Email Setup). If a patient's email address is missing, that bill will be skipped and you will be notified.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:56 pm

Thanks Arna!
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

noestervemb

Post by noestervemb » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:42 am

Arna, so i go do definitions billing types and i dont have an email billing options. You say something about E has been entered for billing types? Cant see that there? I am on versino 16.2 if that makes a difference.

Arna

Post by Arna » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:36 am

When you go to Setup > Definitions > Billing Types, there will be three columns- Name, E=Email bill, and Hide.
Double click on the billing type you wish to set as an email billing type and type an 'E' in the E=Email bill box.
Click OK.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer