Aging

For users or potential users.
PedoDentist

Aging

Post by PedoDentist » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:35 pm

2 quesitons:

1. Is there an aging report I can run that does not include patient outstanding balances? And then one that I can run with only patient owed balances?

2. Is there a way to remove someone from aging if you are sending them to collections?

rhaber123

Re: Aging

Post by rhaber123 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:23 am

Is there an aging report I can run that does not include patient outstanding balances? And then one that I can run with only patient owed balances?
OD aging report does that. go to Reports, Aging of A/R .
When you run it, it shows the Insurance estimate and the patient portion seperatly, as well as the total balance.
Click on Query view. Export it to Excel, and in Excel you can sort it the way you want.

Is there a way to remove someone from aging if you are sending them to collections?
When you send someone to collection, you can post it as a BAD DEBT, and adjusted it to zero.
If the collection agency send a payment, reverse the adjustment, post the payment, and create a payment plan when needed.

Arna

Re: Aging

Post by Arna » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:57 am

You should use billing types when you are sending someone to collections. You can filter your reports based on Billing Type, so assigning that account as a bad debt will help you avoid seeing them in reports (if you don't want to) and avoid sending them statements: http://opendental.com/manual/definitionguidelines.html

You have the option in the Aging Report to Include Negative Balances (credits) which is unchecked by default. You can also run the report to only show negative balances.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer