Deleting preauths is too hard??

For users or potential users.
noestervemb

Deleting preauths is too hard??

Post by noestervemb » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:39 am

You preauth for fillings, turns out it was 1 surface larger because the filling extended more than you expected.
You then have to go delete the preauth in order to change the code. We havent given assistants permissions to delete claims (we are afraid they might delete a claim) so now they have to ask our business manager to fix it.

Or you have multiple treatment plans and then to get rid of some fo the codes you have to find our what preauth is was and delete that firs to get rid of things you treatment planned.

Called support and they said that is how it is. Looks like there is a feature request already to fix this. Does anybody have a workaround for this or what do people do?

I understand you dont want to be able to change a procedure if it is attached to a claim. But a preauth is a completely different thing.

Thanks

DavidWolf

Re: Deleting preauths is too hard??

Post by DavidWolf » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:46 am

One work around would be to just create a new procedure rather than trying to edit the one attached to the pre-authorization. Then you could go back and clean up the treatment plan later.
I get frustrated all the time when the thing I want to delete is attached to a pre-authorization but I am not sure how you would fix this and still maintain control over what you can and can't delete.
One idea would be if you tried to delete the procedure that was attached the program asked are you sure because this will also delete a pre-estimate. If you say yes then they both get deleted.
Another idea is that you try and delete the procedure. OD asks are you sure because this procedure is attached to a pre-estimate. You say yes. The procedure is deleted and then instead of deleting the pre-estimate the pre-estimates status changes to deleted or void. So at least you have a digital trail of why it no is valid.