XCharge Experience/Feedback

For users or potential users.
JDs

XCharge Experience/Feedback

Post by JDs » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:29 am

Hello. I see that XCharge is one of two integrated credit card processors for OD so I was hoping to get some feedback on actual office experience with their services. Thanks in advance.

JDs

Re: XCharge Experience/Feedback

Post by JDs » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:49 am

Does the lack of response mean that no one uses them or does it mean that their service is very poor but that no one wants to publicly say it?

Arna

Post by Arna » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:44 am

I think the lack of response is dentists taking the first week or two of September off due to the lower production numbers that back to school affords.

XCharge is our most popular processor. There are a lot of people who use it.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

mkleive

Post by mkleive » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:01 pm

I used to be an XCharge user but their total fees which started at about 1.7% moved to about 3%. We ended up moving to a different vendor and while there is no bridge integration the web portal process of the new vendor has been seamless. I'd just as soon save the $600/month in processing fees which we were paying to XCharge.

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:30 pm

what vendor are you using

mkleive

Post by mkleive » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:33 am

I am currently using Payment Depot. Their customer service has been very good.

ryansmithdds

Post by ryansmithdds » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:06 pm

dont use xcharge. I would uses dentalxchange. Dentalxchange has been great but had bad experiences with xcharge. They are way more difficult to use and their contract is pure evil. I paid them for 2 extra years because of fine print and being lied to by people on the phone.....

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:26 pm

does payment depot integrate with OD?

Arna

Post by Arna » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:02 am

enamelrod wrote:does payment depot integrate with OD?
Currently only PayConnect and XCharge are integrated within Open Dental.

Arna Meyer

jchang

Post by jchang » Wed May 03, 2017 2:38 pm

We switched to Xcharge to take advantage of eservices 2 months ago. But have been disappointed with customer service, (spent 50 min waiting for customer rep on phone) and high fees (3%).

Chris Ott the sales rep promised to match our rates which was 2% at Gravity (which is a great organization, by the way. Very transparent fee structure and invoice. Quick customer service.) However, when I complained to him, he quickly passed the buck to have me call the Xcharge 1800 number instead of taking care of it himself.

I have a case being reviewed by Xcharge now to see if they will match the 2%. I would encourage OpenDental to see if they can work with Gravity payments. Both innovative companies with great products and customer care.

I dislike working with these big processing companies. and will be going back to Gravity in 3 days if not resolved. Thought it important to share this information for those looking to integrate eservices, and online payments with Xcharge. The integration itself works nicely, but not at the 400-600 dollar price point due to increase in fees.

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Tue May 09, 2017 7:59 am

and the saga continues...but I have a gut feeling the OD benefits from the relationship.

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Tue May 09, 2017 9:11 am

We're currently looking into other feature requests that are higher in the list than #2704 which is to support all payment processing companies by using authorize.net.
Help push it higher in the list:
http://www.opendental.com/manual/featurerequests.html

This would be far more fun to code than "substitution codes set by insurance plans"...
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Arna

Post by Arna » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:04 am

I use X-charge and it is difficult. I've been working on other options because their customer service is atrocious. It is still worth it at the moment for the reconciliation aspect, but everything else about the relationship is strained.

Arna Meyer