Populating Prescriptions & Medications List

For users or potential users.
JDs

Populating Prescriptions & Medications List

Post by JDs » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:31 pm

Is there a was to "populate" the lists of prescriptions and medications for a new office without using eRx module? I'm hoping that since the eRx system has a list, that it can be imported.
Thanks

jsalmon

Re: Populating Prescriptions & Medications List

Post by jsalmon » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:52 pm

I don't believe so. The only thing I can think of would be if your eRx system can generate a CCD.xml document (which is an EHR requirement) if it is in fact EHR compliant for that particular module (or measure if you will). If it can, then you MIGHT be able to use the Reconciling Medications feature of Open Dental.
http://www.opendental.com/manual/ehrmed ... ronic.html
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

JDs

Post by JDs » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:09 pm

Thanks for the info. I don't have access to eRx with our current system. It's buried through custom forms and documents so it looks to me like we have to add the prescriptions manually. Too bad there isn't a modern solution with the state of technology being where we are.

JDs

Post by JDs » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:49 am

Should I assume that every office manually added medications and prescriptions from scratch?

noestervemb

Post by noestervemb » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:13 am

That is what you have to do currently, which is a huge pain in the ....

I wish like other system that you would have access to Erx data and you could then import medications from there. A lot of pharmacies participate. Where i worked before for about 40% of our patients we could import all their medications because they use a participating pharmacy (there was a ton of participating pharmacies). Super nice and often we would import medications the patient did not put on their list on their health history but when we asked them they were like, "oh yes i forgot that one" so very nice. Tried adding it as a feature request but got denied, didn't really understand why.

Even if you could just import from Lexicomp a list of medication or a bridge to that would be super helpfull.

JDs

Post by JDs » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:56 am

Yeah it would be so much easier - in addition, there are online resources for downloading spreadsheets with list of medications & it would make so much sense to be able to populate OD using an authoritative source like that...