old KODAK/CARESTREAM xrays into OPEN DENTAL easily??

For users or potential users.
aussiedentist

old KODAK/CARESTREAM xrays into OPEN DENTAL easily??

Post by aussiedentist » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:56 pm

I have been using the kodak/carestream to collect and view xrays from od for a number of years. Od launches kodak, and then it worked well. We got a psp system, that worked well, until it decided to be incompatible with kodak. Naturally, both software vendors told us that each was incompatible with each other and shouldnt be used (despite the fact that they were fine for a number of years)

Now, we are using the twain to get things into od.

Problem is, we now have a whole stack of kodak xrays that we would like to get into od in under the images button.

I can export the kodak images as jpegs, and can export the kodak jpeg images into od, but the date taken is the date in which the exported image was made, ie today, not when the xray was taken (years ago). Is there some way I can either

1) Somehow get the images automatically read in from the kodak database, and then get them "bulk imported " into od? This would be my ideal scenario, and I am happy to pay someone if they can figure out how to do it!!
2) Somehow get the images with their ORIGINAL dates in od? At the moment, the only way I can get things done correctly, is export all of a patients rays, then import them, then look back at the chart, see when they were taken, and then change "info" dates on each individual xray

jsalmon

Re: old KODAK/CARESTREAM xrays into OPEN DENTAL easily??

Post by jsalmon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:45 pm

I didn't see either application in our list of supported image conversions but I'd recommend giving our conversion department a call. We love enhancing our image conversions when possible.
http://www.opendental.com/manual/conversionimages.html
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

mopensoft

Re: old KODAK/CARESTREAM xrays into OPEN DENTAL easily??

Post by mopensoft » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:56 pm

if you can export the xray date data from Kodak and modify the image file data property accordingly, it would be simple since there're plenty of tools help you to change file's date.