Open Dental with Primesuite?

For users or potential users.
tud22059

Open Dental with Primesuite?

Post by tud22059 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:22 am

I am opening a new dental clinic in an existing community clinic. The medical end of the clinic is currently using PrimeSUITE - Greenway for medical records. The group wants to use a dental software that links well with Primesuite. The dental software that Greenway recommends is no good.

Can Open Dental be synced to work with Primesuite? Does anyone know??

Thanks
RN

jsalmon

Re: Open Dental with Primesuite?

Post by jsalmon » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:07 am

PrimeSUITE seems to be a PMS as well. Most offices don't make the effort to completely learn two separate softwares that manage their practice but instead will have one "bridge" with the other. E.g. Open Dental is used as a bridge (just for the tooth charting aspect, not the practice management side) with eClinicalWorks.
http://www.opendental.com/manual/bridge ... Works.html

That would be much more feasible to do instead of "syncing" everything to PrimeSUITE. Before going forward we would need much more information as what your company would desire from Open Dental in the terms of workflow before being able to give you an answer or begin working on a bridge to PrimeSUITE.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Arna

Re: Open Dental with Primesuite?

Post by Arna » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:56 am

Open Dental has HL7 capabilities, which is the standard for information exchange between medical softaware programs.

I'd highly recommend you contact our implementaion team to discuss. I'd be happy to make an introduction, or you could email implementations@opendental.com. They'll be able to discuss the options and help you understand if this is a feasible venture.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer