Ins Benefits

For users or potential users.
drforlano

Ins Benefits

Post by drforlano » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:57 am

Under insurance benefits, where it defines the individual's coverage, such as preventive 100%, basic 80%,.... we need to add two more categories. Namely, Implant Coverage: Yes or No, and TMJ Coverage: Yes or No and at what %.

Can this be done?

I've tried going into "edit benefits", but am unable to add these categories.

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:41 pm

You can do it by first setting up the insurance categories in the Setup menu. You would have to add a span for the codes and name them. They will then show up when you go into Edit Benefits and add benefits. Then you can enter whatever percentage you want.

drforlano

Post by drforlano » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:56 pm

Oh! so simple. Thank you jorgebon!

drforlano

Post by drforlano » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:36 am

We still are having trouble with getting the percentages to STAY once we add them. We have updated to 5.5 but have had no luck with it either. :(
Thank you. Tracey @ Dr Forlano's

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:40 am

I think this might be one known bug that I need to research when I get back to work on Thursday. I'm almost recovered from a hernia operation. I don't recommend it.

The thing about a bug report like this is that it takes a lot of research to duplicate. Because for most users, it's working fine. So there must be something very unique about your office. Anyway, we'll be looking at it shortly.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

drforlano

Post by drforlano » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:38 am

Thanks Dr Sparks - feel better and I will speak to you soon.
Tracey
:lol:

cneelley

Post by cneelley » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:26 am

I don't know if this is a related problem, but we can't get the insurance estimates to work properly. Version 5.5.11.

On a patient with PPO percentage, and I have a substitute code entered, d2150 for d2392, the estimating part would find and fill in the substitute fee amount, but would not calculate against it. If I fill in the same amount in override box, then it calculates properly. Looks like it is ignoring the substitute amount.

Dr. Neelley

drforlano

Post by drforlano » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:28 am

Jordan, Upon closing OD we've been getting an error meessage. My IT guy thinks it has to do with the signature pad because it mentions sigplusnet.dll module. He's not sure and asks me if it happens only upon closing OD AFTER using the signature pad. I tested it briefly this morning, and after signing the pad only once, it didn't happen...but need more time to test it. I thought I'd run it by you to see if it has to do with the bug you mentioned. BTW, any progress on correcting that bug?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:52 pm

5.5.what?
Jordan Sparks, DMD

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:13 pm

The benefits bug has been fixed in 5.5.12, but has not been released yet.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

bgrutter

Re: Ins Benefits

Post by bgrutter » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:40 pm

Reviving an old thread.

I just converted over last Friday and went live today. At the end of the day, I discovered that in the Insurance Percentages, there was not an option for Implants. I went into the Setup and edited the Insurance Catagories. I've added an Implant Catagory and specified the 6099-6199 (I think) codes. Problem is, the percentage box is still not showing up for my patients. If I go in and try and add a new insurance, it gives me the field to fill it out in, but it still doesn't show up on the Family Module.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:21 am

If you added the span correctly, go to the "edit insurance plan" window by double clicking on the plan in the family module. Now double click in the box where the insurance percentages show and a window called "edit benefits" will come up. This is where you enter percentages for most categories. There is a box called "other benefits". Double click in that box and you get to the window where all your additional categories show up. Highlight the implant category and enter a percentage number. Leave the rest as is. Click OK until you get back out.
Jorge Bonilla, DMD
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:13 am

This thread was too old. Locking. I need to change my picture.
Jordan Sparks, DMD