Charting in open dental?

For users or potential users.
noestervemb

Charting in open dental?

Post by noestervemb » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:57 am

Axium (used in most dental schools) allows you to select all the surfaces on the odontogram and then you can pish composite and existing and your done. The same with alloys. Super fast way of charting existing. In open dental you either have to do it tooth by tooth selecting the surfaces, the materials and then one tooth at a time. The only faster way i found was selecting all the teeth first and then the material and then you can select the surfaces on each individual tooth as they pop up. But stilll takes longer andnot as easy as charting composites first just telling the assistants the surfaces.

Is that a feature request or? Would save tons of time when charting.

Niels

Jorgebon

Re: Charting in open dental?

Post by Jorgebon » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:18 am

Have you tried using the programmable quick buttons? You just have to select one or several teeth and then select one quick button.
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

noestervemb

Re: Charting in open dental?

Post by noestervemb » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:23 pm

I see, with the quick button i can select tooth #13 and push quick button for DO Composite or alloy and then my one tooth is done. That is what you mean right?

What i did before you could see the 5 surfaces on the odontogram (which you can in OD as well) and you would just click the surfaces as you would go from tooth to tooth and then at the end you just had to pick composites, alloy or whatever material. Just seemed faster to me with less clicking but the quick button way does make it easier that the other way i was doing it. Still like the other way i described better thought due to it being faster.