Insurance Verification Set up

For users or potential users.
josiedds

Insurance Verification Set up

Post by josiedds » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:40 am

On the Insurance Verification List, the date is listed as 01/01/0001 under "last verified". When I select a patient and mark them verified, it doesn't change the verification date in the patient's insurance section. Only until I click the "verify now" button does it give today's date.

Why the double click? Do I not have the right settings in place?

Also, on the appointment module, it doesn't show that the insurance is verifed, there is no note or any indication that it's been verified. I thought I saw in an image somewhere that it would change the I to a V in the upper right corner. Does it not do that anymore?

I'm using version 16.1.30.0

jwhitney

Re: Insurance Verification Set up

Post by jwhitney » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:23 pm

If you are highlighting a row and selecting "Mark Verified" and the row disappeared, the plan was successfully verified. If it was successfully marked verified you wouldn't be able to double click on it to open the insurance plan information, so I think there is a separate issue with the list that you may be experiencing. As for the Appointment Module, there is currently no indication on appointments whether or not the insurance has been verified. It sounds like you might also be making use of another feature for your Appointment Views.
You also might be getting confused by the fact that you currently have to verify a patient's eligibility and a plan's benefits separately. You should see two rows to be verified in the grid, and when you open up the insurance plan information, there are two "Now" buttons in that form. One of which is at the top of the form in the Patient Information section, and one just above the Benefit Information grid. These are labeled as "Eligibility Last Verified" and "Benefits Last Verified" respectively. You might have verified the patient eligibility and were looking at the benefits last verified before you had verified it.
On a semi related note, the insurance verification list has changed in version 16.2 (in several minor releases) and I am working on some more substantial changes that will also be available in version 16.2.
You can also give support a call if you are still stuck with not being able to verify an insurance or a patient from the list.
In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.

Josh Whitney
Open Dental Software
1-503-363-5432
http://www.opendental.com

josiedds

Re: Insurance Verification Set up

Post by josiedds » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:57 am

Thanks. I will look at updating and see if some of my issues resolve.

But I think the most troublesome is that the date that populates is not today's date. It always says 01/01/0001. So we have no way of keeping track when we actually verified it.

But, like I said, I will update OD and see if anything has changed. Thanks.