Attaching EOBS

For users or potential users.
drschulman

Attaching EOBS

Post by drschulman » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:31 am

I know that we can now attach eob's to the checks, which is awesome :) Was wondering if it were ever going to be possible to attach a denial to something/somewhere within that same screen ( since there is no check to attach it to) ???? We are scanning them into images now which is fine, but gotta love having everything you need in one place!

Thanks in advance for any answers!!

jsalmon

Re: Attaching EOBS

Post by jsalmon » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:11 pm

When you say that you are scanning the denial into the images, are you actually doing that within the images module or are you using the Insurance Payment (EOB) window?
http://www.opendental.com/manual/claimp ... BScan.html
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Arna

Post by Arna » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:11 am

I'm assuming the Images Module, as you cannot create a "check" for a zero payment claim.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:38 pm

I just had a case like this last week. The patient 's insurance did not pay because the complete amount was used for the deductible. They sent an EOB without a check and we scanned it into the patient's images module. I would prefer if we could scan zero payment checks into the batch insurance window so it would be together with all the other EOBs.
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

Arna

Post by Arna » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:50 pm

Feature request #2883 'Attach individual no payment claims to EOBs.' would accomplish this. Feel free to vote on this feature to let us know you're interested in it.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer