Selling a practice and email?

For users or potential users.
fishdrzig

Selling a practice and email?

Post by fishdrzig » Sun May 29, 2016 5:10 am

After the sale of the practice, how does one go about changing the email account when both the practice email and my personal email address is the same. I don't want the new owner to get my personal stuff?

rhaber123

Re: Selling a practice and email?

Post by rhaber123 » Sun May 29, 2016 9:23 am

You can run a query in OD and export the email addresses of all your patients
Query 191: EMail Addresses of Active Patients
/*191*/ SELECT LName, FName, EMail FROM patient WHERE LENGTH(EMail)>3 AND PatStatus=0 ORDER BY LName, FName;

Create a group with your email provider, and add this list of emails to the group.
Send an email informing all the patients that the practice was sold , and provide them with the new email address of the new owner.
and when the new buyer send statements, he can enclose a small slip explaining the changes

dgraffeo

Re: Selling a practice and email?

Post by dgraffeo » Tue May 31, 2016 9:26 am

If I'm understanding what you're asking correctly, you can go to Setup -> Manage -> E-Mail which will bring up a new window. Once there you can press Add to create a new email address and put no information in except for the email address (which can be anything). Then back in the E-mail list window you highlight the new email address and press Set Default and Webmail Notify for the new dummy email address. Then you can double click on your actual email address and press the Delete button.
"To understand what recursion is, you must first understand recursion."

David Graffeo
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com