Bridge to softphones?

For users or potential users.
kennewickdds

Bridge to softphones?

Post by kennewickdds » Tue May 24, 2016 8:40 pm

I'm thinking that an awesome feature of opendental would be support to bridge to softphones that would allow you to direct dial patients for followup calls. I'm revamping my offices voip and just got going with xlite and my new pbx, dont see any documentation anywhere about support for bridging to these types of phones though. Anyone have a workaround? possible to export a phone book and import into softphone?

mopensoft

Re: Bridge to softphones?

Post by mopensoft » Thu May 26, 2016 4:55 am

OD 16.2 has a phone plugin which link to Dentek.com you may want to try. There was someone on the forum tried to integrated with voip system, you can search older topic.

I have a plugin to connect with your Android phone to make and receive phone calls from/to mobile phone which might help to make quick phone call to patients without entering phone number (http://mopensoft.com/frontdesk-plugin)

Ardavan

Post by Ardavan » Mon May 30, 2016 8:05 am

In the past I searched briefly for a softphone with an API or command line interface but didn't find any free or opensource ones that I felt comfortable deploying (they did exist though). I think that would be the easiest as the integration could be done without requiring any programming skills or changes to either the phone or opendental.

I have played around with some integrations with our phone system, but never with the soft phones. Depending on your PBX it may be possible to integrate directly with it rather than the endpoints, we are using asterisk and I opted for using call files because it was straight forward and easy to implement.

Recently I noticed even though there is no user interface for it that I'm aware of, the Employee table has a field for phone extension which may be helpful, I beleive OpenDental uses this field internally as they use OpenDental as their CRM and have successfully integrated with their own phone system.

I remember reading some hacks on this forum using google voice, and also I recall some PBX systems which can use google voice trunks.

Because OpenDental is opensource and the developers are very quick to add hooks when requested the possibilities are only limited by your imagination! And if you're not a tinkerer mopensoft's suggestions are perfect.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who will laugh at this joke, and those who won't. ~Annonymous Bug Writer

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Mon May 30, 2016 2:20 pm

I agree, Mopensoft "frontdesk" plugin for OpenDental will be the right way to go.
http://www.mopensoft.com/pricing
Not only it allows you to dial and answer, but you can send and receive SMS messages too,
and when a patient calls, it opens the patient file in OD.
The yearly price of $69/year per license is very reasonable for all these features.

pid_user

Post by pid_user » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:47 am

We use plugin from HRDSQ to dial from OD. Believe its still in beta.
Right Click phone # on Patients chart and it dials out. No need to key in phone# any more.
At the end of day, I can see full call logs, how many inbound/outbound calls and to whom.

JDs

Post by JDs » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:23 pm

is there an update on this plugin that allows you to dial out from OD?

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:15 am

HRDSQ +1

JDs

Post by JDs » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:55 am

enamelrod wrote:HRDSQ +1
What does that mean?

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:32 pm