Is changing display box size possible?

For users or potential users.
Janet Century

Is changing display box size possible?

Post by Janet Century » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:46 am

We noticed since our last update (15.4.46.0) that we are having to scroll more within some of the information boxes. We really use them and pack a lot of info in them but we run out of space, and yet there is dead space around the boxes. Examples:

In Family Module - the Recall box - we'd love it to have at least 4 lines so we don't have to scroll to see Prophy/FMX/4BW/Pano due dates.

In Appointment Module - the View Patient Appt Box: We could use more space on both the Appointment Module Notes and Family Urgent Financial Notes. Can we widen them to use the gray space adjacent, or make the list of previous appointments shorter to accomodate?

In Edit Appointment - the Appt Fields box: We use a LOT of appt fields and I get complaints when the staff has to scroll down. This one could also be fixed with a default to make the whole Edit Appointment Box larger when opened automatically.

I know these are all small things but throughout the day, extra clicks and scrolls really seem to bug all of us!

Thanks for any input!

janet century

allends

Re: Is changing display box size possible?

Post by allends » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:27 pm

In Family Module - the Recall box - we'd love it to have at least 4 lines so we don't have to scroll to see Prophy/FMX/4BW/Pano due dates.
This would require squeezing the Patient Information and Insurance Plan grids. It wouldn't be too difficult to add, but it could adversely affect some customers who had their Patient Information set up so they saw all of their rows on the screen.
In Appointment Module - the View Patient Appt Box: We could use more space on both the Appointment Module Notes and Family Urgent Financial Notes. Can we widen them to use the gray space adjacent, or make the list of previous appointments shorter to accomodate?
Both of those could be made larger without any adverse effects.
In Edit Appointment - the Appt Fields box: We use a LOT of appt fields and I get complaints when the staff has to scroll down. This one could also be fixed with a default to make the whole Edit Appointment Box larger when opened automatically.
Currently, that window is at our maximum allowed default size.

Adding in a preference to allow windows to open at a larger resolution is a good idea and is currently in the feature request system. FR# 3004
These changes would be considered feature requests though, so I recommend you check out this page to add the requests to our system.

http://opendental.com/manual/featurerequests.html
Allen
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com