Possible bug in treatment plan module (15.4.40.0)

For users or potential users.
Ardavan

Possible bug in treatment plan module (15.4.40.0)

Post by Ardavan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:05 pm

Hello,

When a note is entered into the text box at the bottom of the treatment plan module and Save TP is clicked the contents of the textbox, the treatment plan note if you will, is reset to some other value.

If we double click on a saved treatment plan then edit the note in the popup window it is set correctly, however quicknotes are not accessible from this popup window.

I have been told by the team that in the past the contents of note textbox at the bottom of the treatment plan module would be saved as the treatment plan note after clicking Save TP.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who will laugh at this joke, and those who won't. ~Annonymous Bug Writer

tgriswold

Re: Possible bug in treatment plan module (15.4.40.0)

Post by tgriswold » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:22 pm

Several of these things were fixed in 16.1. In short, the bottom of the TP module text box should have really never been user editable because it was never saved. In a past version someone half-way added quick paste notes for treatment plans but not really, since they only added it to that box that... never saves.

As of 16.1 that box does save (but does not let you edit if the plan is signed), and the TP module, the edit TP window and the module setup where you set the default TP note all allow using treatment plan quick paste notes. I'm sorry for the confusion and was really confused myself when I fixed this for 16.1 and fully implemented the feature (FR#215). In the past it looks like it was partially implemented and forgotten about (the FR wasn't even ever completed). The changes were not carried to 15.4 because it required changing some background stuff in the textboxes (textbox to ODtextbox for quick paste notes) that if implemented incorrectly had a chance of invalidating older signatures, and major enhancements to signature logic was only made to 16.1.
Travis Griswold
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Ardavan

Re: Possible bug in treatment plan module (15.4.40.0)

Post by Ardavan » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:02 am

Thank you for your detailed response, looking forward to 16.1!
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who will laugh at this joke, and those who won't. ~Annonymous Bug Writer