New user question

For users or potential users.
lucafedechen

New user question

Post by lucafedechen » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:28 pm

Hi to all..
I am dentist from small country in southamerica called Paraguay..I find OD software very cool and have few questions to advance users..
1 if I compile the source code to my personal use I able to runs the full version with no patients limitis?? In that case i need to mod the code to remove limit patients??
2 OD support to runs in Windows 10 tablets or new mini PC system??
3 OD support intraoral camera to save the picture directly in the patient records??

Thanks to all
Regards

LUIS CARLOS FEDECHEN

Jorgebon

Re: New user question

Post by Jorgebon » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi Luis,
1. If you compile the source code you will not have a patient limit. You do not need to modify the code.
2. OD will run in Windows 10. Check the website for recommended minimum hardware requirements.
3. Do a search in this forum for intraoral camera.

Hola Luis,
1. Si compilas vas a tener el programa sin el límite de pacientes. No necesitas modificarlo.
2. OD corre en Windows 10. Busca en el website las recomendaciones y requerimientos de equipo.
3. Haz una búsqueda en este foro para información sobre la cámara intraoral.
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

lucafedechen

Post by lucafedechen » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:09 pm

Thank you Jorge..tomorrow I tried to compile...what version you recommend to use 15.4 or latest?? I read in forum to install I nedd to unpack the trial version and replace the opendental folder and pack again in self extracting zip..it's this correct procedure?
Thank you

lucafedechen

Post by lucafedechen » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:54 pm

hi...
after many issue and find solutions in forum and manual finally i compile whith no erros...i use win7 32 bit...compile in release x86 Opendental 16.1 version.. i uncheck Unittest, TestCanada,xCentralManager in Startup Project configuration due the error when compile not find this archives..this archives not affect the Program run??

Yesterday i install trial version 15.4 and runs ok..
now how i install my compile 16.1 version?? i need to replace all my trial folder archives with the same compile archives under opendental/ bin/release?? replace one by one manually?? this procedure it s correct??

thanks to all for the help
regards

lucafedechen

Post by lucafedechen » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi..
Any help Please!!
Thank you

tdong

Post by tdong » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:05 pm

Do not use version 16.1 as it is still in beta . version 15.4 is the latest release version.

Install trial version on all pc/workstation
replace the trial version by copy and paste (C:\Program Files (x86)\Open Dental) with the Release in bin.

There are a few dlls that are not in your compile version therefore paste the Release in trail then copy that to everywhere else