Payment appears in report but not in GUI

For users or potential users.
Jess

Payment appears in report but not in GUI

Post by Jess » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:46 pm

One of our people intended to reverse a payment that she had submitted as a check payment when it ought to have been submitted as a credit card payment. I don't know what she actually did to this payment. She got it to disappear from the "Account" screen, but it still shows up in the "Daily Payments" report, so it's throwing our numbers off. (Incidentally, it would seem more correct to create another, reversal line item in that screen, rather than just deleting the first item. I'm sure I've seen that in Open Dental before?) Of course the payment shows up in both the "payment" and "paysplit" database tables, but I can't actually see any difference between the disappearing payment and any other payment in those tables. There is no "IgnoreThisPayment" binary field, for instance. How does the Open Dental "Account" screen decide which payments to include? Why doesn't the "Daily Payments" report use the same logic? Assuming there are good answers to those questions, why does the GUI let users do something this awful to a payment?

If it makes any difference, we have also entered a credit card payment for the same amount. It shows up correctly in the "Account" screen and on the "Daily Payments" report. Also, this patient has a credit balance.

FYI, this is version 15.3.38.0.

Thanks!

allends

Re: Payment appears in report but not in GUI

Post by allends » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:39 pm

Without seeing the actual problem in the database, I can only think that the paysplit was attached to a patient from a different family.
It sounds like you were able to query the exact payment. If the paysplit patnum is different than the patnum that you are really expecting, then that is most likely the problem.
If that isn't the problem then I would probably give us a call at OpenDental support.
Last edited by allends on Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allen
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

tgriswold

Post by tgriswold » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:41 pm

The payment table patnum should tell you which account the payment is posted on. The paysplit patnum will tell you which account the payment counts for on the ledger. If you suspect any sort of funky business I would recommend running DBM and then checking if the payment still exists in your report. After that as Allen mentioned, please call into OD support and we will be happy to help you get to the root of the issue.
Travis Griswold
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Jess

Post by Jess » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:37 pm

The payment was on the patient's husband's account. Sorry for the noise; I should have known this one.

Manny Ramirez

Post by Manny Ramirez » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:28 pm

...so meanwhile in Salem Oregon is 48 degrees, precipitation is 12%, winds 9 mph
Manny Ramirez
Senior Network Engineer
E-ssential Networks LLC