CEMT 15.4.40 Web Services bug

For users or potential users.
Ardavan

CEMT 15.4.40 Web Services bug

Post by Ardavan » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:39 am

Greetings,

I have been following the progress with the CEMT lately and am very impressed with where you are going with it and how rapidly its changing.
The first version I tried would not connect using web services, the second version I tried would, and had some neat features added.
I just upgraded to 15.4.40 and to my surprise it is no longer connecting to remote locations using the webservice, its just says OFFLINE in the connection status.
The CEMT works fine with direct connections, and I have tested the connection URI using standalone OpenDental to confirm it is correct and the remote server is operating correctly.

On another note, back when i first started poking around with the CEMT it would not connect to web services for its own database, the connection had to be direct. So i created a local database for it to connect to on my workstation. Are there any plans to allow the CEMTs database to be hosted using web services?

Thanks!
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who will laugh at this joke, and those who won't. ~Annonymous Bug Writer

allends

Re: CEMT 15.4.40 Web Services bug

Post by allends » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:07 am

Actually there is.
I will share a bit of a secret.
In version 16.2, we have added the ability for the CEMT to be hosted through the middle tier service now.
It will allow an office to organize a CEMT without having a direct connection to the server constantly.

As for the problem in 15.4.40, I will make sure we get that fixed soon.
Allen
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Ardavan

Post by Ardavan » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:10 am

Awesome, Thank you!!!
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who will laugh at this joke, and those who won't. ~Annonymous Bug Writer

Ardavan

Post by Ardavan » Sun May 22, 2016 7:38 pm

Upgraded to 16.1.22.0 but am still unable to use Middle Tier connections with the CEMT, the status reads OFFLINE even though the connection string works fine when using OpenDental. Can't wait for 16.2 to come out of beta!