REQUEST ELECTRONIC BENEFITS BUTTON

For users or potential users.
dentalgroupofchicago

REQUEST ELECTRONIC BENEFITS BUTTON

Post by dentalgroupofchicago » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:42 am

HAS ANYONE USED THE ELECTRONIC BENEFITS DIRECTLY THRU OPEN DENTAL? IS IT EASY TO INTEGRATE INTO AND USE OR IS IT MORE HASSLE IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN USING IT ONCE THE INTEGRATION IS COMPLETE? I USE CURRENTLY CLAIM CONNECT AND WONDER IF THIS WOULD BE AN EASY WAY TO RE VERIFY PATIENT COVERAGE RATHER THAN CALLING AND GETTING FAXES ONCE THEY ARE IN MY SYSTEM.

rhaber123

Re: REQUEST ELECTRONIC BENEFITS BUTTON

Post by rhaber123 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:51 pm

We use Real Time Eligibility - ClaimsConnect

We use it mainly to confirm that the patient still has dental insurance coverage.
When we get the benefits , we do not import it into the patients benefits area, we just keep it in the History. Some times it is too much info, and sometimes not much at all.
We manually modify/import any benefits that we are interested in, mainly annual maximum, deductible and some benefits for in network or out of network provider benefits.

If a family or new patients walk in our office at the same time, this is the fastest way to confirm that they have dental insurance, what the deductible is, and they can get an exam, XRAYS, and a cleaning. Once you enter the patient and the insurance info in OD, just hit submit , and you will get the info right away.
So in few minutes you can confirm that YES the patient has coverage, or NO the patient does not have coverage, without calling the insurance compay

But for detailed benefits, Trojan , or making a call to the insurance company is much better.

I think the cost is an extra $15 per month. It is a safety to confirm that your patients are still eligible.
The receptionist check it the night before the patients appointment. she just hit SUBMIT.

This service covers many dental insurance companies, the main ones, but not all.

I think claim connect offers 30 days free trial, just try it

check this link too:
Who uses OD Real Time Eligibility (ClaimsConnect)?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6075&p=26808#p26808
Last edited by rhaber123 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PedoDentist

Post by PedoDentist » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:11 pm

My issue is that I hae Tesia and am very happy with them, but Tesia does not offer electronic benefits. I am unable to utilize a separate company for e verification.

Is there any other way to use a company for e verification?

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:19 pm

you can use claim connect to check eligibility . you can still keep tesia.
they offer one month free try in. call them

Rickliftig

Post by Rickliftig » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:18 am

Works fine here - very convenient - one thing missing is frequency determinations; ie) prophy's, fmx, pano, restorations - but as I understand it, that's the insurance company not bothering to release that information in this format.
Another Happy Open Dental User!

Rick Liftig, DMD FAGD
University of CT 1979
West Hartford, CT 06110
srick@snet.net

PedoDentist

Post by PedoDentist » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:16 am

rhaber123 wrote:you can use claim connect to check eligibility . you can still keep tesia.
they offer one month free try in. call them
I was told by tesia that you cannot use 2 different clearinghouses.