electronic prscriptions recorded to progress notes?

For users or potential users.
sam-I-am

electronic prscriptions recorded to progress notes?

Post by sam-I-am » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:47 pm

I have <finally> done my first electronic prescription.. And BTW, you guys were great with the setup.
With "normal" prescriptions, when a prescription is created, a note is made in the chart. Is there anyway to have the same thing happen with the electronic Rx? I'm afraid I already know the answer, but I had to ask.

Sam Barr

Arna

Re: electronic prscriptions recorded to progress notes?

Post by Arna » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:44 pm

The completed prescription will automatically copy to the patient's Medication List and Progress Notes when you do one of the following:
The first time the Chart module is opened after a patient is selected.
After clicking the eRx button, then closing the eRx window.
Manually clicking the eRx dropdown in the toolbar, then Refresh.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

sam-I-am

Post by sam-I-am » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:46 am

You're certainly right, it works by itself, my bad. I have no idea why this electronic rx stuff is freaking me out so bad.

Arna

Post by Arna » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:41 am

sam-I-am wrote:You're certainly right, it works by itself, my bad. I have no idea why this electronic rx stuff is freaking me out so bad.
It's new and shiny and weird at first. I get that!
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

periopalace

Post by periopalace » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Any guidance for someone wanting to get started with E-rx? We got the certificate part done already. Do we need to go in and manually add all the common RXs that we use in the drop down list of prescriptions in OD? Logistically, we normally have the assistants enter the RXs and then a front desk person calls them in. It is our hope to save time by eliminating the calling them in part. Can an assistant still enter the RXs or does the Dr need to be logged in to enter them?
L. Pitman DMD

pstuckey

Post by pstuckey » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:12 am

I'm new to this too. The assistants use their credentials and can write anything that is not controlled. For a controlled substance, I have to login and complete the transaction. I need to make another training call to better understand how the prescribing of a controlled substance works. The prescriptions are getting logged in the progress notes.

I pulled up my list of OD prescriptions and the "Doctor's List" of eRx. I entered all the Rx's in to that list. Overall I am liking the eRx system.

pstuckey

Post by pstuckey » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:27 am

Also when writing a controlled substance, I have the Authy app on my iPhone and Apple watch. I really like having it on my watch because I don't have to keep my phone in my pocket.
You just open the app and it displays a code that is good for 20 seconds. If you don't enter within 20 seconds, it gives you another code.