Operatory provider

For users or potential users.
Toothdr97

Operatory provider

Post by Toothdr97 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:31 pm

I have come across a strange problem. I am starting to get back EOB's requiring NPI numbers. I check and see that my NPI number is in the system. Finally figured out that one operatory, when we put a patient in, the Dentist button changes to HYG 10. This makes her "the dentist" for the exam and does not put my NPI on to the claims. I have gone to the setup and the operatory is set up like the other hygiene op that does it correctly. Any suggestions, other than manually going and changing them all to Doc1 everyday?
Thanks
Cathy

Arna

Re: Operatory provider

Post by Arna » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:06 pm

Set your HYG as a secondary provider in Lists > Providers. That way, the doctor will show on the claims.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

KevinRossen

Re: Operatory provider

Post by KevinRossen » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:53 pm

Arna wrote:Set your HYG as a secondary provider in Lists > Providers. That way, the doctor will show on the claims.
This is one of the most common mistakes I've been seeing from Open Dental users. The other two are not setting up the providers' schedules, so you can't easily pull hourly production, and lastly I'm seeing way too many people use "Category Percentage" instead of "PPO Percentage" for insurance carriers they participate in-network with. I don't know why that's a trend, but I've seen a possible commonality of that being suggested by a practice management group.
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com