Rolling the changes from back-up

For users or potential users.
ForrestGumpDDS

Rolling the changes from back-up

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:13 am

Hello everyone,
I am looking for a help with backup strategy.
Our main database was down for one day and I have a back-up for a day before everything was shut down. Nothing was lost, I just had a connectivity problem to the database and because I did not want to have one more day down for the practice I made a decision to work with a backup database.
That lasted for one day, I made a backup at the end of the day and now, when I connected to the main live production database I have one day (yesterday) not current, like we did not do anything from the day before yesterday.
This is expected so far.
My question is if there is any query to MySQL that I can run on the backup database to transfer everything that was done yesterday to the production database. Like to create an incremental backup and add to the production database.
Also, it might be relevant, the production database user password and backup database user password differ in value.

KevinRossen

Re: Rolling the changes from back-up

Post by KevinRossen » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:11 pm

I don't know if a query would do it, but you might be able to use a tool like SyncBack or Karen's replicator to bring the changes over from the "backup" to the live database. I'm not sure about that, but that's my initial thought. If you wanted to go the query route it would require LOTS of queries over multiple tables.
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com

Arna

Post by Arna » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:18 pm

It's pretty dangerous. Open Dental as a company doesn't support it. Have you started using the original database again? If so, it's pretty much impossible.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

ForrestGumpDDS

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:48 pm

Thank you.
Good thing it was just one day.
I just decided to do it manually. The problems that I see now are:
Sent emails. You can only copy one by sending a new one.
Sent claims. I must send new claims and cancel the old ones.
Patient forms and consents. I have to generate PDF's and keep them as attachments, but they will never show in the chart like the normal forms.
It's probably the visible part of the big rock. What a mess I created!!!

Arna

Post by Arna » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:53 am

1. Emails. You can simply CommLog them in this case. No need to resend.
2. Claims. You can re-create and mark them 'Sent Verified'. What Clearinghouse do you use? Why would you think you need to resend (I may be missing something).\
3. Forms is a trickier one. Those aren't easily moved from one database to another.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

ForrestGumpDDS

Post by ForrestGumpDDS » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:09 am

Arna wrote:1. Emails. You can simply CommLog them in this case. No need to resend.
2. Claims. You can re-create and mark them 'Sent Verified'. What Clearinghouse do you use? Why would you think you need to resend (I may be missing something).
3. Forms is a trickier one. Those aren't easily moved from one database to another.
2. Claims. We use Tesia. I am not quite sure how the integration of Tesia software to OD works and suspect that because of different identifier of newly re-created claim in OD processing of the claim status by Tesia can be affected to some way while the claim would be processed by the insurance normally. Update. disregard it, I spoke to my FD and she says we don't get the status of the claim imported to OD by Tesia, we transfer the status manually.
3. I am thinking of exporting the forms to PDF and re-importing it to the pt's chart, filling the medical hx manually instead of the import which I assume will be unavailable from PDF.