Integrated text message

For users or potential users.
mfdental

Integrated text message

Post by mfdental » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:31 pm

Hello,
I have a question about the number we are assigned for integrated text messaging. I'm afraid that when texting to confirm, patients will try to call back the number that is texting them... is there a way to set up an automated voice message for the assigned text message number stating that this line is for text messages only?

-Jason

rhaber123

Re: Integrated text message

Post by rhaber123 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:12 pm

This is the confirmation message that we send to all of our patients:
"" [NameF], Confirming your dental appointment on [date] at [time]. Reply " confirm" --- or call (123) 456-7890 if you need to reschedule - - http://www.drwebsite.com ""
where (123) 456-7890s is our office number.

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:28 am

There is not a way to set up an automated voice message for the number(s) assigned via the Integrated Text Messaging feature. Also, even if the patient called the number associated, it shouldn't connect to anything (cell phone that a human owns) so I wouldn't be worried about it. rhaber123 has a great solution that I would recommend doing as well. With smartphones nowadays they will often times be able to click on the number specified within the text message.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

d2dental

Post by d2dental » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:26 pm

What are the charges in Indian currency?

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:12 am

d2dental wrote:What are the charges in Indian currency?
We are in the process of releasing v16.1 right now which we enhanced our Integrated Texting to be able to support foreign countries but we are starting out with a select few for our beta testing (e.g. Canada, Romania, etc.). Once we have the kinks worked out we will be able to add other countries on the fly.

Price wise as of right now (February 17th, 2016):
Just to own a number for integrated texting would cost roughly ₹3075 a month and then ₹2.73 per text message. Inbound messages would be free.

I'm not sure why owning a number in India is so much higher in comparison to America and we do not have control over that cost.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

d2dental

Post by d2dental » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:05 am

Thanks.