Keyboard shortcuts

For users or potential users.
alexei

Keyboard shortcuts

Post by alexei » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:16 am

Are there any keyboard shortcuts? I can't find any. If not, I would dearly love some keyboard shortcuts to Enter Payment, enter adjustment, switch to Chart/Account/Family view, and Switch Patient. Basically, the frequently-used functions--there may be some I forgot.

Re. the website: "Crown Prep/Seat" in the help search page on this site is a "404 not found".

Thank you,

Alexei

alexei

Post by alexei » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:41 pm

Similarly --

In the create insurance check screen, the OK button is always highlighted, so when I'm done typing the information, I can simply press enter instead of hitting tab a bunch, or switching to the mouse. This is nice, and it would be nice if other screens mimicked this: adjustments, payments, basically any popup window.

Also, why does it keep popping up the Provider Income Transfer window when I've entered the insurance payment? I never seem to need it-- is there a way to turn it off?

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:38 am

yes, some of the windows need to be tooled to allow hitting enter for OK...most of them should be like that already though...

Yes, with ver 5.5 I think it is, you can turn off the provider income window from auto pop up in Setup | Misc.
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

mvoschin

Re: Keyboard shortcuts

Post by mvoschin » Tue May 13, 2008 7:22 am

I think it would be great idea to have keyboard shortcuts for frequently used buttons.
e.g. CTRL+F to search for patients in Appts module.
Additionally, is there a way to use Tab to switch between required(highlighted yellow) fields in Procedure Info window e.g. Tooth and Surfaces fields?

atd

Post by atd » Tue May 13, 2008 7:52 am

I couldn't agree more. Having to use the mouse all of the time is hard on the arm and it's much faster to use a keyboard shortcut than mousing over to something and clicking. Being able to switch between modules using a shortcut would be great (i.e. ctrl-1 for Appts, ctrl-2 for Family, etc.).

Also, when entering insurance payments it would be nice if you when you pressed tab it went to the "Ins Pay" field of the next procedure - then you could just enter the amount, tab, enter the next amount, tab,...and press enter when finished.

mvoschin

Post by mvoschin » Tue May 13, 2008 7:54 am

I think it would be great idea to have keyboard shortcuts for frequently used buttons.

Ctrl+F would be very nice feature to look up patients(when pts. call in to confirm for example) so there is no need to move to upper left corner then to lower right to make/find an appointment. Not a big deal on low resolution just not much fun for the wrist on big monitor and hi res. I'm not complaining about the layout, I actually like the way it stays the same in all modules.

Additionally, Is there a way to setup Tabbing through missing fields that are required in the procedures(in yellow)? e.g. When quick add button is used for a filling there are 2 fields that would need to be updated: tooth # and tooth surfaces. When changing the information you have to click in one field and than click into another field. When Tab button is used, field does not toggle to required(yellow in this case) one.

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Tue May 13, 2008 9:06 am

I'll put down the tab order for entering insurance payments. That makes a lot of sense.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com

DavidWolf

Post by DavidWolf » Wed May 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Another shortcut that would be nice:

In most date fields I have noticed that one can use the + or - keys to change the date up or down ( similar to Quicken )
Would it be possible to allow the "t" key to change the date to today's date? ( also similar to Quicken )

Regarding the Tab Key in insurance payment window:

How will the tab key work in entering insurance payments with multiple procedures in the same claim...
Would it tab from insurance payment to the writeoff field then down to the next insurance payment?

Currently when enetring insurance payments in a claim you can arrow down to the next field but it won't let you arrow over....My thought is that it is cleaner to be able to enter all the payment/writeoff data from one procedure before going to the next. IE being able to tab over or arrow over would be better.

Thanks, as always great wrok!.

joshuab

Post by joshuab » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:08 am

Keyboard shortcuts would great. I added my vote to the existing feature request in OD, and encourage you to do the same: Help->Request Features, search keyboard.