Seeing who is in each surgery

For users or potential users.
aussiedentist

Seeing who is in each surgery

Post by aussiedentist » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:07 pm

I have four operatories

Is there any way in which i can see on od which surgeries have patients in them, and which are empty?

eg patients in surgery 1,2 , 3 and 4 are empty

It would be even better if we could also know if a room was clean, or dirty. ie room 3 is dirty, 4 is clean, so we know we can bring a patient into 4, but not three

Something like how I can see who is in the waiting room.

JoeMontano

Re: Seeing who is in each surgery

Post by JoeMontano » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:19 am

To clarify, by "surgery" do you mean operatory? The verbage change there isn't making it 100% clear to me what your wanting.

But if it is equivelant to an operatory why can't you just look at the Appointment Module to see when a patient is scheduled in an OP? If a patient is scheduled then you know it is not empty.

Alternativly you may find use in our Messaging Buttons feature found here. Unsure as to how I would recommend using them for your needs but I'm sure you could find a way to make it work.
http://opendental.com/manual/messagingbuttons.html

Let me know if you have furthe questions or need further assistance!
Joe Montaño
Software Engineer
Open Dental Software
Joe@OpenDental.com

tgriswold

Re: Seeing who is in each surgery

Post by tgriswold » Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:13 pm

Joe is correct that messaging buttons are probably what you're looking for. You would turn the button on when someone is taken in to the operatory, and then turn the button off after it has been cleaned. The appointment module can (and should) be used for scheduling who should be in which operatory, but messaging buttons will let you better keep track of which one is available (if patients go over expected appointment length, or if an op needs to still be cleaned).
Travis Griswold
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com