scroll bug?

For users or potential users.
sam-I-am

scroll bug?

Post by sam-I-am » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Possible bug. Select patient>input the beginning of a name, the scroll buttons on the right side of the "select patient" window don't work.

Not a biggy, but when we get an answering machine message and can't figure out the last name, and want to scroll on the beginning of the first name...can't do it.

BTW, where exactly should I report bugs? This is probably not the right place...Sam Barr

cmcgehee

Re: scroll bug?

Post by cmcgehee » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:28 pm

I see that when my cursor is the Last Name field, the scroll does not work. If I move my cursor over to the grid with the patients' names, then the scroll works. The reason that this works like this is because a control only scrolls if it is has focus on it; this applies to software in general, not just Open Dental. Are you able to scroll when you move the mouse over to the grid?

The best way to report bugs is to call us at 503-363-5432. That way we can determine the steps needed to reproduce the bug, find what version the bug is in, take screenshots, etc.
Chris McGehee
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

sam-I-am

Post by sam-I-am » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:59 am

No, the left/right slider at the bottom of the grid works, but not the up/down scroll, and the little arrows at top and bottom are grayed out. I'll try calling later today, if I get a break. Sam Barr

dgraffeo

Post by dgraffeo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:09 am

The query running to grab the patients you see in the Select Patient window is a resource hog. Because of this we default searches to the first 40 patients that meet the search criteria, otherwise it would take a long time to do any searching. If your window doesn't display all 40 results it should have the up and down arrows available as well as a scroll bar for viewing the other results. It may be the case that the window fits 40 perfectly (or near perfectly) so it looks like there are more results to view when there really aren't. Alternatively if you want, the Get All button will get all results for the criteria instead of just the first 40. If you do that are the up and down arrows still not accessible when there are more than 40 results?
"To understand what recursion is, you must first understand recursion."

David Graffeo
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

sam-I-am

Post by sam-I-am » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:38 am

Duh, I never noticed the "get all" button...my bad!

Sam Barr