Converting from Dentrix to OD

For users or potential users.
Ridebmc

Converting from Dentrix to OD

Post by Ridebmc » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:03 am

Hi,

Interested to get some feedback from you guys. We are currently using Dentrix/Dexis and Will be converting to Opendental shortly, trial conversion has been done. We will also stop using dexis and will most likely get XDR sensors. How should we go about converting Dexis to XDR? Should we convert at all or just leave dexis as is and start taking all new xrays with XDR? Please feel free to let me know if there is anything else we should look out for during transition stage.

Thank you,

Arna

Re: Converting from Dentrix to OD

Post by Arna » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:52 pm

We have Dentrix specific conversion information on our web manual: http://opendental.com/manual/conversion ... entrix.pdf

If you are wanting to move your images from DEXIS to XDR, an image conversion may be needed. These can be costly. If you choose to begin with a blank XDR database, you'll want to keep DEXIS installed to reference old images. I can't really tell you which option is better, but you need to decide one way or the other before committing to the final and the transition to another imaging platform. I would personally have the image conversion, for convenience.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

stjames70

Post by stjames70 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:18 pm

Why would you be getting rid of Dexis? We have used along with OD since 2009, and it is great piece of hardware/software. It interfaces extremely well with OD, and Dexis in turn interfaces well with our Instrumentarium OP300 CBCT/InVivo Anatomage software.

Ridebmc

Post by Ridebmc » Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:55 pm

We have two locations and need more sensors. Originally I thought to use dexis sensors in first location and just go with XDR or similar for the office that is converting to opendental. I like dexis and will most likely stay with it. I am happy to hear that it works well with OD